Skip to main content

Dear Colson

It's been a week.  A week since you were born too soon.  A week since I held your tiny, lifeless body in my hands.  A week since I lost you and my world changed forever.

I have been thinking of you, crying for you, grieving for you, longing for you, missing you non stop.

I have been playing everything over in my mind.  The pregnancy, the final ultrasound, the delivery, the surgery.  I can't help but think that maybe there were something I could have done differently to prevent this from happening.

I need you to know that you were wanted.  I wanted you so badly.  I was so excited to bring you into this family.  You have the best siblings and I was looking forward to having all of you together.

I need you to know that you were so loved.  From the second that test showed positive, I fell in love with you.  There is no way to describe the love I have for a life I grow inside of me but it's more powerful than anything else in this world.

I need you to know that you are missed.  I miss you every second of every day and picturing what your future should have been makes me miss you even more.

I need you to know that you will never be forgotten.  I only knew you for a short time but it was enough time for you to be imprinted in my heart.  You will stay there forever, sweet boy.

I can only hope that you felt no pain, that you felt safe inside my belly and that you felt all of the love that I had for you.  I can only hope you are resting peacefully now and that you are an angel, always watching over us.  I can only hope you know how sad I am that you are not here with me.

I'm so sad baby boy.

I keep seeing the same little bird outside my window and I wonder if that's you.  It makes me feel better to think that's you visiting me, a sweet little birdie.

I love you so much, Colson.

I carry you in my heart instead of in my arms but I will forever be your mother.

Love Mommy.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

No More Bumpdates!!

Our little guy finally came! It's a crazy story that I will try to share this week but for now I will leave you with this... Bryan Paul Miller, II August 25, 2013, 9:22pm 7lbs 13oz, 20 inches