Skip to main content

Update 11/07/11

How far along: 34 weeks 6 days, 36 days to go!
Size of baby: The size of a honeydew!
Maternity Clothes: Nothing new recently!
Gender: Baby Girl!
Movement: Lots and lots!
What I miss: My energy, being able to sleep through the night.
Cravings: I'm not really craving much of anything.
Symptoms: Severe swelling and heartburn :(

I decided to post an update today because I actually wound up going to the doctor today. Over the weekend, I had some pretty bad swelling in my feet, ankles and hands. I also had some sudden weight gain over the past week and I was seeing spots occasionally. My doctor told me to report anything odd because my blood pressure was a little high at my last appointment and there was protein in my urine. She wanted to be on the lookout for Preeclampsia.

I wasn't too worried about it, I just thought it was a long weekend but my husband and best friend kept insisting that I call the doctor. So I finally broke down and called. She said it didn't seem like an emergency and that I was supposed to go in today for an appointment just to be sure. So that's what I did.

Doctor says all is well. Baby's heart beat was 156 and all else was just fine. I am supposed to stay off of my feet as much as possible and go on a low salt diet. I have no idea how I'm going to do either of those things! Bryan and I are so active and I'm the pickiest eater in the world! I know my husband will help with that. He was very worried yesterday but he did everything he could to make sure I was ok.

So, onward we go. Aside from the swelling, I have not been able to sleep a full night in probably a month. I wake up a few times throughout the night because I have to pee or because I have heartburn or just because! It's very frustrating and it's probably the reason I'm so tired all of the time.

We had such a a great weekend despite the return of the elephant feet. Bryan's birthday was a huge success. He had such a great time paint balling, as did the small group of friends who went with him. I'm wondering if this will be a new hobby.

His party turned out great as well. I didn't eat any of the food because I had eaten at the retirement party we had attended just before. Everyone said the food was fantastic, though. We took a lot home and the little bit I did eat Sunday was awesome. It was nice to sit and talk with everyone. Thank you to everyone who came. And I have to thank my Mom and my best friend, Kathleen, for helping me plan and set up the party. You have no idea how much I appreciate it!

My husband started working on the nursery yesterday. New windows are in and he is planning to do some more work tonight. With any luck, the nursery will be done by the end of the week or by this weekend!! I can't wait to get it done so I can start putting some of her stuff in there.

Baby shower is approaching fast. I am so excited for it. I don't think I posted the picture of the invitation before so here it is...




If you got one of these and haven't RSVP'd yet, do it! We are going to have a great time!

Congratulations to Lisa Luhman on her engagement! Very exciting!!

I think that's all for now. I will post again next week after my next doctor's appointment.

Comments

  1. Glad everything checked out okay and cute invites!

    :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse