Skip to main content

Update 11/22/11

How far along: 37 weeks, 21 days to go!
Size of baby: I have reached the size of a watermelon!
Maternity Clothes: I got a new winter coat that I won't be able to wear much longer!
Gender: Baby Girl!
Movement: Starting to dwindle, no more room!
What I miss: My energy, being able to sleep through the night.
Cravings: I'm not really craving much of anything.
Symptoms: Severe swelling and heartburn :(

Doctor's appointment went well. Her heart rate today was 150 and I haven't gained any weight so the low salt diet is still working it's magic. They still have me a week behind but she said that I'm considered full term at 37 weeks so we are getting ready to go! Today was my first exam and I was not dilated at all. I was actually hoping that I would be but no such luck. Maybe next week. Boy does that exam suck!

My husband just wants Little Miss to stay in there until next Tuesday. He wants to go hunting on Monday because he has never missed the opening day of deer season. That's all he is concerned about at this point! I'm still going to say December 7th, although I wouldn't mind meeting my Little Miss sooner!

I still have not been able to sleep a full night. I wake up a few times throughout the night because I have to pee or because I have heartburn or just because! It's very frustrating and it's probably the reason I'm so tired all of the time.

The nursery is almost done! The only thing left to do is the closet, which my husband wants to get done today. I'm so excited for it to be complete. If he finishes it today, we can put all of the great stuff we got from the shower on Sunday in there and get it out of our living room!

The shower was great! My Mom and best friend did a fantastic job! They had a few cute games, nothing overwhelming. They had a TON of food and the decorations were just adorable! We got so many adorable outfits. I don't think Little Miss will have to wear the same outfit for at least 3 months!

I didn't get to finish the scrapbook but I am going to keep working on it. I also didn't reveal the name. I just didn't want to. I only have a few weeks left. I think everyone else can wait!

The baby shower gave us a good start on what we need for Little Miss. Aside from the tons of clothing we got, we also got a stroller and car seat, diaper bag, playard, books, toys and diapers galore! We are so grateful for everyone who came and for all of the gifts we received!

Of course everyone forgot their cameras so I have no pictures from the shower. My husband's sister took some pictures so I will be able to get some from her at some point. As I'm putting clothes away, I'll try to take some pictures of some of the adorable outfits I got. My sister in law (Arlena) got Little Miss the cutest little outfit that has little pockets on the front of it like a hoody and they have ears! It's so cute!!!! I also got a picture frame that says Little Miss on it. That could not be more perfect!

We went ahead and ordered the dresser and changing table so that's on the way. Once we receive that, we will have more than enough room for all of the awesome stuff we got! I can't wait to put all of her stuff away and get everything organized for her arrival! We still have a lot of shopping to do for her but we will get it done.

I did take a lot of things that we didn't receive from the registry and give them to family members as a Christmas list. My husband and I don't need anything. We just need to make sure our Little Miss is all taken care of.

My Christmas shopping is just about done. I only have a few more items to buy and them it's time to wrap! I love to wrap Christmas presents. I love the cool wrapping paper and decorating with bows. And I love having presents under the tree! I decided to buy one or two higher priced items for everyone this year rather than a bunch of small things.

I don't have a baby bump picture this week because I hate my outfit today and I think I look terrible. Maybe tomorrow's outfit will be better and I can take a picture then!

That's all I have for now. As long as I don't go into labor, my next appointment is next Monday. Bryan will be hunting on Monday so he will not be with me for that appointment. Let's hope I'm not dilated or anything! He's only going to be a few minutes away so it won't be too bad.

Comments

  1. i am not sure you will have a full nights sleep for a long time from here on on out :(
    but remember i am 2 hrs behind so you can text me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it's 3 hours but I get your point!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse