Skip to main content

2 Weeks!

Ashlyn turned 2 weeks old yesterday! It has been the craziest 2 weeks of my life! I love this little girl with all of my heart but no one could have ever prepared me for this little child!

We have completely moved away from any kind of schedule we had been creating. She stays up late every night. Last night we were awake until 3AM! I wish she would sleep at night the way she sleeps during the day! I know that we will get her on a better schedule, I just have to be patient.

I think we finally got her spitting up under control. She is now on a sensitive stomach formula that seems to be taking care of that. The new problem is that she seems to be constipated all of the time. The poor thing just sits and pushes and squeezes and grunts all of the time! I feel terrible for her. She goes back to the pediatrician on Tuesday so I'm hoping he can help us find some relief with this issue.

Otherwise, she is still a pretty happy little baby. She doesn't cry much, only when she is hungry or trying to poop. She doesn't seem to be bothered by much either. Our barking dogs have no effect on her whatsoever.

I ventured out with her on my own for the first time this past week. I had no issues at all. I did have to call my husband to ask him how to work the stroller (ha!) but that was about it. She slept the whole time!

We also took her to her Uncle Thomas's house in Camp Hill, about an hour away. She did well again. She slept the entire time, and only woke to eat. Daddy was holding her for a while after dinner and then Aunt Arlena took her. She held her for about 45 seconds when Ashlyn decided to pee all over her. Somehow she leaked through her diaper! The joke of the evening was that we can house train our dogs but not our kid.

Here are some pictures of our second week:

We got her birth certificate so that means it's official LOL...








You are 2 weeks old now. You make even more cute noises when you are sleeping now and you melt our hearts with the little noise you make when you sneeze. You have the most beautiful blue eyes and you love to look around at everything! You are so alert when you are awake and I love to watch you. You really seem to like shadows and light.

You lift your head pretty well now. When I lay you on my chest, you lift your head to look around or to tell me that you don't want to lay that way. You also like to smack! When you are really hungry or really angry, you flail your little arms and smack away! This does not bother Mommy one bit. Mommy only gets frustrated when you stay awake until 3am! You get the hiccups all of the time just like you did when you were in the womb!

You have no idea what you mean to us. Daddy and I are so happy to have you. We never imagined the amount of love we would have for you. You are so loved by so many people. You have the biggest extended family I have ever seen! Mommy is already dreading the days of going back to work because I know I won't be able to spend every waking moment with you.

Daddy calls you Little One instead of Little Miss. He really likes that. I call you my Baby Girl or my little worm. No matter how tight we wrap you up, you always seem to be able to get out of your blanket!

You are the most amazing thing Daddy and I have ever done and we love you very much.

We are spending Christmas Eve with my Mom's side of the family. Ashlyn will be wearing a Christmas dress that Grandma picked out. We will also be attending an 11pm church service. This will be Ashlyn's church debut and I'm a little anxious about it. I'm not sure how I feel about having a lot of people holding her just yet. She has also been wheezing a bit so we may have to keep her to ourselves tonight so we don't get her sick.

Christmas day will be spent at my Mom's house with just our immediate family. Then we will have Christmas dinner with my Dad's side of the family next Saturday. My Mom's birthday is this coming Thursday (the 29th) and we have a nice time in store for her!

I'm not sure that we will be doing anything for New Year's this year. We won't be attending any crazy parties, that's for sure! But we may go to Gauntie's house this year for a nice, relaxing New Year's dinner.

We wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

Our Christmas Card/Birth Announcement: We got everything we wanted for Christmas and we hope you do too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse