Skip to main content

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you ever get into one of the those moods where you just have to finish a project no matter what? Well that's what happened to me last night. I started working on the nursery again and couldn't stop. I stayed up very late but the nursery is done!

We have a few minor things to do yet but all in all, it looks great and we are now ready for Little Miss to get here!

The crib is missing the crib bumper, which is on its way, and the crib skirt, which I'm not too worried about. I want a Lambs & Ivy bedding set but it's back ordered right now I have to wait!


The pink and brown rug I got to match the rest of the room:


The changing table, full of all of her blankets and bibs and diaper supplies:


The dresser and my favorite part of the room, the lamp:


Her closet (we still have to put the door back on):


And I think this is going to be her going home outfit. Thanks Arlena!


The furniture was a giant pain in the butt to put together and it's not quite what we expected. While I still love the design and color, it doesn't seem as sturdy and it should be. Only time will tell if it holds up. The crib wasn't too hard to put together and that seems very sturdy. The design is pretty simple and goes well with the other pieces of furniture.

The corner next to the dresser is empty because that is where the glider is going to go once we get it. I think the only other thing we need is curtains and I think we are going to make them. We need to hang her personalized growth chart, which I couldn't show because it has her name on it. We also have the wooden name letters that we are going to place on the wall above her crib. We may hang a few more random items on the walls at some point but I'm not too worried about that.

I'm pretty happy with the way the room turned out. It's a perfect polka dotted palace for our Little Miss!

In other news, my husband and his brother decided to gut our kitchen this week. I was scared at first but they already have the new kitchen counters in so maybe it won't be too bad. I hope they can get the whole thing done before Little Miss comes. I will post pictures when they are all finished.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse