Skip to main content

3 Weeks!!

Ashlyn will be 3 weeks old at 6:09pm! I already feel like the time is flying by! 3 week old?! I just had her yesterday didn't I?

I'll start off with her second doctor's appointment, which she had on 12/27. It was her 2 week check up. We decided to take her to Reading Pediatrics to see Doctor Brenlinger (or Dr. Jeff) because he was the pediatric doctor who was on call when Ashlyn was first born and we really liked him. She threw up all over the place when he checked her in the hospital!

Some fun facts about Ashlyn:
Birth weight: 8lbs
Birth length: 20 inches
Weight when we left the hospital: 7lbs 9oz
Weight at first appointment with Dr. Jeff (12/12): 7lbs 11oz
Weight at second appointment with Dr. Jeff (12/27): 9lbs 7oz
Length at second appointment with Dr. Jeff (12/27): 20.5 inches

This little girl weighs 9lbs 7oz already!! I can't believe she gained that much weight in 2 weeks! She is getting so big already!

We thought we were starting to get the sleeping under control but last night threw that off. Three nights in a row, she slept for at least 4 to 5 hours. It was wonderful! But last night she decided that she didn't want to sleep that well anymore so we were back to our 1:30am bed time and then awake every 2 or 3 hours. Maybe she just had an off night. We'll see how she does tonight.

She has her good days and bad days. Yesterday was a bad day. I think it's because it's really hot in my Mom's house and we were there all night. She spit up every time she ate and she was either sleeping or being fussy. And she didn't want to sleep last night.

We are still having some issues with her gas. She doesn't seem to be quite as bad as she was but she still gets pretty fussy later in the evening. She has been awake most of the day for the past few days. She is still a happy baby when she's awake. She just likes to lay and look around.

I have given her two sponge baths on my own and she didn't cry for either one. When Bryan and I gave her the first and second baths, she screamed! Either she doesn't like Bryan giving her a bath or I have the magic touch! LOL

Here are some pictures of our third week:








You are 3 weeks old now and not much has changed. You make even more cute noises when you are sleeping now and you melt our hearts with the little noise you make when you sneeze. You have the most beautiful blue eyes and you love to look around at everything! You are so alert when you are awake and I love to watch you. You really seem to like shadows and light.

You lift your head pretty well now. When I lay you on my chest, you lift your head to look around or to tell me that you don't want to lay that way. You also like to smack! When you are really hungry or really angry, you flail your little arms and smack away! This does not bother Mommy one bit. Mommy only gets frustrated when you stay awake until 3am! You get the hiccups all of the time just like you did when you were in the womb!

Even though we are incredibly tired and stressed, we are still so happy to have you. You always make us smile, even when you are being fussy!


We spent Christmas Eve at my Mom's house. Everyone wanted to hold Ashlyn, of course! She slept most of the time so it was ok. I put her in a little silver dress with a black cardigan. We had black tights for her but they are way too big on her so she got little black and white socks instead and a cute black headband. I only left her in the dress long enough for my Mom to take pictures because she picked out the dress. I was uncomfortable just looking at the poor thing in that dress!

So I put her in a cute little 'baby's first Christmas' outfit instead. It seemed much more comfortable than the dress. She did pretty well with being handled by so many different people.

We spent Christmas day at my Mom's house again. This time it was just immediate family so there weren't many people to hold her. My Mom steals her from everyone anyway!

My Mom's surprise birthday party was a success but my little baby was a little grouchy. It was so hot in the house so I think that's why she was fussy. And we didn't go home until late so that's probably why she decided to stay up late.

Tomorrow is dinner with my Dad's side of the family at my Uncle's house. I have another very cute dress picked out for my little baby girl. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pictures of this outfit because I forgot to take some of the other dress. I know I'll take a back up outfit just in case.

We have decided to go to Gauntie's house this year for a nice, relaxing New Year's dinner. We don't want to leave Ashlyn and we don't want to do anything crazy so this is our solution. We know we will have fun.

We wish a safe and Happy New Year!!

Comments

  1. wow!! 3 weeks already is right :) happy new year miller family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse