Skip to main content

She's Heeeeerrrrreeee!!!!!!!!!!!

In my last update on 12/06/11, I wrote that my doctor ordered me to take a 24 hour urine test to determine whether or not I had Preeclampsia. Well, she called me last Thursday to let me know that the blood work came back just fine but that there was way too much protein in my urine. It was supposed to be less than 300 and mine was over 500.

She told me that she wanted me to come into the office on Monday instead of Wednesday for my regularly scheduled appointment. She transferred me to the receptionist, who told me the other OBGYN, Dr. Muallem, wanted me to come into the office that day for a check up and for a fetal stress test.

So, at 3pm last Thursday I went to the doctor. At 4:30 pm, I was checking into the hospital! He diagnosed me with early stages of Preeclampsia and said that he did not want to take any chances and wait any longer. And so the story begins...

We checked in at 4:30 pm. They began inducing at 7:30 pm. I was having contractions when I got there but I wasn't feeling any of them. I didn't really feel any contractions for quite some time, even with the induction. The next morning, I wasn't progressing the way they wanted me to so they started me on Pitosin. Well that worked! I was finally feeling the contractions and they were getting strong!

I requested an epidural but the anesthesiologist was in another surgery so I had to wait 2 hours before he could get to me. Boy was it tough. I don't know how women do any of it without a little medicinal help! But he finally got there and I was feeling much better.

It was about 3:30 when they told me it was time to start pushing. Even though I was full term, She was way too high and we had a lot of work to do to get her to lower. It took 2 hours for me to get her low enough for the doctor to use the vacuum to get her out.

On Friday, December 9, 2011, at 6:09 pm, Ashlyn Marie Miller was born, 8 pounds, 20 inches. They laid her on my chest and she opened her eyes so wide and just looked at me. I was immediately IN LOVE! I watched as they cleaned her up and weighed her and I wasn't paying any attention to what was going on.

What I wasn't paying attention to was the fact that doctors were trying to figure out why there was too much bleeding going on. It turned out that there was a huge blood clot that they had to get out. At one point I heard "surgery" and then I heard "take the uterus". I was way too tired to comprehend any of this at the time so my husband did the freaking out for me! It all worked out in the end but it was a little scary.

While all of this was going on, we had so many visitors! No one realized that anything like this was going to happen so as soon as Ashlyn was born, my husband was telling everyone and they were all piling in to see the baby. Of course they all got about 5 minutes with her before they realized what was going on and left. While we appreciated all of the love, I think next time, everyone can wait until the next day!

So here she is...







Daddy was completely in love the second she was born. I have never seen him more excited about anything. I felt bad that he had to sleep on the crappy chair/cot that they provided but he dealt with it. He took our pugs to my Mom's house and our Lab went to our normal dog sitter. He didn't want to keep having to leave us at the hospital so that was best for all of us.





This is my OBGYN, Dr. Muallem. The RN in the back is Tricia. She was with me all day and she helped with the delivery. There were so many nurses coming in and out of my room all night so it was nice to have one nurse for the entire day. And we were lucky enough to get a cool nurse who we could joke around with and feel comfortable with.



My husband and I had decided that we didn't want anyone else in the delivery room with us when Ashlyn was born. It turned out that my Mom was there the entire time and I am so thankful that she was. It was nice to have someone there who knew what I was going through and who could help to coach me through it. I know she was happy to be there and I can't thank her enough for all of the help she gave me.



So the next day we got a lot of visitors and a lot of pictures. We are so very lucky to have so many people to love our little girl.





Grandpa and Ashlyn...


Grandma and Ashlyn...


My 9 year old nephew, Cameron, has been waiting so very patiently for his new little cousin. He loved touching my belly and feeling her kick and he loves to hold her now. He is going to be more like a big brother to Ashlyn than a cousin...





This is my best friend and Ashlyn's Gauntie, Kathleen. Kat and I met when we worked at Sovereign Bank a few years ago. She is the best thing I ever got from that bank! She is more like a sister and less like a friend. She is going play a HUGE role in Ashlyn's life. I can't wait for her to have a child of her own so she can experience all of the amazing things that I am able to experience.





Last but not least, this is Ashlyn's hospital picture. I think it turned out beautifully!



This little girl is the hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life. She is also the most amazing thing I have ever done. My husband just looks at her and looks at me and says "We did this"!! Yes we did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse