Skip to main content

5 Weeks!

5 weeks old today! What is going on? The time is just flying by way too fast.

We have still been working to get this little girl on a schedule. We tried a 3 hour schedule but it just wasn't working out. Last night she went to sleep around 11 and didn't wake up until 6am! What a long night!! We are hoping for more nights like that.

She isn't too terrible with sleeping. She still only wakes up once a night. The only tough times are when she decides to skip sleeping from 11 to 2. That happens about once per week. She usually takes one long nap during the day and then little cat naps the rest of the day. She is usually happy whenever she is awake but she still has her fussy time every day. She loves Grandma's house and she is almost never fussy while she is there!

We still have some issues with gassiness and her pooping schedule is just all over the place. I can't decide whether to put her on the Soy forum la or not. I have had so many people telling me to try it, that it will help with the gas and the constipation. We just don't want to keep changing her formula.

She is still doing well with her sponge baths when I give them to her. I think today might be her first real bath. I can't wait to see how she does. We might wait for Daddy to get home for that one so he can be a part of it too.

Here are some pictures of our fifth week:




My favorite pose:




You are 5 weeks old now and oh how funny you are! Sometimes I can't believe the noises and faces you make. You like to lay on the couch where you kick and swat and yell and carry on. It's so much fun for Mommy and Daddy! There are still plenty of times when it seems like you are laughing at yourself.

You are still fascinated by lights. You're not that interested in some of the fun lights that are on your toys but you love to look at the lamps and the lights on the ceiling fans! We have your swing next to the window and you are always trying to look out the window.

You are still lifting your head more and more every day. Daddy thinks you are going to be a quick learner because you like to stand on him when he holds you up. You also like sit in the baby carrier when Daddy has you. You just lay your head back and stare up at Daddy. He loves that!

And boy what a death grip you have! You have been grabbing onto things more and more often lately. You haven't grabbed my hair yet but you have grabbed my necklace.

You hate being covered up! When you are in your swing, you always kick your blanket off. You also seem to like to be naked! Sometimes when you are being fussy, we unsnap a few of the buttons on your outfit and that seems to make you happy. You are always naked or half naked at Grandma's house because it's so hot there.

Your favorite part of a bath is when I wash your hair and you love it when I rub your head. I rub your head a lot when you are just about to fall asleep. It puts you to sleep in a flash! You take after Mommy on this one!

If we had known you were going to be this awesome, we would have had you a long time ago!

My beautiful little five week old baby!


We have had a pretty uneventful week. I went to the doctor for my 5 week check up on Tuesday. That went well. Baby weight is gone! I still have the little belly but we'll get rid of that soon enough. Bryan and I are going to be dieting and trying to get back into shape.

Of course the number one question was what form of birth control I'm going to use. I think both the nurse and the doctor were surprised when I said none. Not much point in going on BC when we are planning to start trying for our second in December!!

Oh yea! I wanted to start trying right away in June when we were allowed to but I think Bryan and I both agree that might be a bit too soon. So, we are probably going to start trying again in December for our second child. We are not getting any younger so I'd like to get a move on!

We have finally started doing some more work to the house. We can finally say that we have some things in order! I finished re-organizing and cleaning the living room this week. It looks great. The only thing I have left to do is to hang all of our pictures on the walls. I'm excited to have a nice living area again!

We also finally put the microwave in last night. We got a stove and microwave from IKEA. The microwave is one that has the vent in it so it gets mounted right above the stove. The microwave we have is great but it takes up so much counter space and we don't have that much to begin with!

Bryan is finally going to finish putting the kitchen outlets in today so I will finally have a perfectly funtional kitchen! It's amazing what makes a girl happy! So we just need to pick a backsplash and paint in the kitchen to complete it. That means we are almost done with the house!! Pictures to come.

I have decided to go back to work on January 30th. My 6 week leave is over on the 20th so I have to take one week of PTO and then I'm headed back to work. I'm both dreading it and looking forward to it. I'm dreading not being able to spend every waking (and sleeping) moment with my little girl but I'm looking forward to getting back into a routine. Who knows, maybe after the next child, I will be a stay at home mom.

Of course we are struggling with the business. My husband just doesn't know what he wants to do. He will be home with Ashlyn for at least the first month after I go back to work. After that, we are looking to have my Grandmother help. We are not sure how that's going to work because the poor thing just had surgery to have breast cancer removed. It was stage one so we are not worried about it but she has a few months of recovery and radiation to look forward to.

So now we are a bit worried about day care, for lack of a better word. We don't want to send Ashlyn to an actual day care. We would rather enlist the help of friends and family. So, anyone want to help?

I feel like our lives are finally in order. Even though our animals have been doing nothing but getting on our nerves lately, we love them and we are lucky to have them. We are also lucky enough to have this beautiful little girl in our lives now. Our house is finally coming together and we feel like we have a plan.

I am going to enjoy my last few weeks home with my little girl and I will post another blog update next week.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!