Skip to main content

4 Weeks!!

Ashlyn will be 4 weeks old at 6:09pm! I have no idea where all of the time is going but it's already been 4 weeks since I had my baby girl!

We have been working hard to get Ashlyn into a feeding and sleeping schedule. She has been doing so well! She usually goes to bed pretty late, around midnight but then she doesn't wake up until around 4 or 5. It's nice to get 4 or 5 hours of sleep! I can't say it's solid sleep because she still makes a ton of noise while she's sleeping but it's still something.

She still has her good days and bad days but she is still a happy baby most of the time. She gets extremely fussy after 7 but then usually calms down by 9 or 10. She sleeps much less during the day now so I'm sure that's why she gets fussy. I'll deal with her being fussy as long as she sleeps those 4 or 5 hours through the night!

We still have some issues with gassiness and she only poops maybe once every other day. We tried giving her some apple juice but then she kept throwing up her regular meals so no more apple juice.

She is still doing well with her sponge baths when I give them to her. She will soon be able to actually sit in her little bath tub. I just have to wait for her belly button to completely heal. It's almost there!

Here are some pictures of our fourth week:


This was my second Christmas dress:


This was me on New Year's Eve. I slept the whole night and then didn't want to sleep at night!





You are 4 weeks old now and oh how funny you are! You make even more noises now. Sometimes when you are laying in your playard, you just swing your arms and kick your feet and coo away! It's very cute and Mommy loves to watch. There are times when it seems like you are laughing at yourself. You are still so alert when you are awake. Lights seem to fascinate you. Your night light has pretty stars and you seem to like to look at them. You also seem to like to watch tv!

You are lifting your head more and more, looking around at things all of the time. You are constantly moving, kicking your feet and swinging your arms. I can't wait for you to be on the move more. I can't wait for you to start really smiling and laughing and having fun with Daddy and I.

Even though we are incredibly tired and stressed, we are still so happy to have you. You always make us smile, even when you are being fussy! Even though I know your little smiles and laughs are involuntary, they still make Mommy smile and laugh.

My beautiful little four week old baby!



We had our last Christmas dinner on New Year's Eve with my Dad's side of the family. Ashlyn slept the whole time! She actually slept he whole day! She wore the cutest little dress (shown above).

We went to Gauntie's house this year for a nice, relaxing New Year's dinner. She literally slept the entire time, which was fine, but then she didn't want to sleep when we got home. So I was up until 3:30 with her!

On New Year's Day, my Mom and I went to the movies. I am a Twihard and I wanted to see Breaking Dawn Part One. Of course, I was a little preoccupied with the pregnancy and then my little girl when it came out so we thought we missed it. Turned out it was playing at a small theater about 45 minutes away. It was awesome! The movie was much better than I expected it to be and the theater was very different.

After the movie, we went to my Mom's house for dinner. We always have the traditional pork and sauerkraut on New Year's, except I hate sauerkraut. So, just pork for me!

We hope that everyone had a great Christmas and a fantastic New Year. I find myself to be so lucky this year. Lucky enough to have a beautiful little girl and to be able to spend many more Christmases with her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!