Skip to main content

6 weeks!!

6 weeks old. I CANNOT believe it! The time is moving so quickly.

Her schedule is worse now than it's ever been. She is awake late almost every night now. We don't generally go to bed until 2am, but then she still sleeps for at least 4 hours so we still aren't doing too badly. She still takes her cat naps but we are going to be trying to keep her awake more during the day. She usually gets pretty mad when you try to keep her awake but she will get used to it.

We finally switched her to the soy formula. She still has some gas but it's not nearly as bad as it was before and she has pooped every day since we started the soy. She is still spitting up quite a bit but we are hoping that will stop after a while. I'm just so glad that she is more comfortable on the soy.

She got her first real bath this week and she wasn't too fond of it. My Mom thought for sure that she would love sitting in the water but she didn't like it at all. She got used to it after a while but she screamed her head off at first. I hope she takes to the bath time because she needs another bath today!

Here are some pictures of our sixth week:










You are 6 weeks old now and you are just so amazing! You are talking more and more now. You have let out some crazy noises! You smile more and more every day too. I know this is still involuntary but I like to think I make you happy!

You are still fascinated by lights. Sometimes when you are fussy, Mommy will sit you up in her arms and let you look out the window. You really seem to like the natural light. You still like the lamps too.

Daddy uses the baby carrier all of the time and so now you seem to favor that upright position. When you are really fussy, the only way to calm you down is to hold you upright across my chest. Mommy has no issues with this!

There are very few things that make you sad or mad enough to cry:
1. You are hungry
2. You need a diaper change
3. You are hot
4. You are bored

Now, number four we are just guessing on but I'm pretty sure you get bored just like everyone else. As long as we keep your attention when you are awake, you are happy little girl.

We are having so much fun watching you grow even though we don't want you to grow too fast!

My beautiful little six week old baby!



This coming week is my last week with Ashlyn since I will be going back to work on the 30th. I'm not sure I'm happy about it. Everyone tells you about how much work it is to have a baby. They tell you to sleep as much as you can before the baby comes because you won't sleep much after. And then when the baby does come, they tell you to sleep when the baby sleeps. They tell you to get over schedules and routines because babies don't have either.

Let me start with this: you can't store up sleep so don't bother with the whole sleep as much as you can now thing. It's really dumb when people say that so just ignore it. You will almost never sleep when the baby sleeps. When Ashlyn is napping during the day, that's when I'm doing my cleaning and whatever else needs to be done. I sleep with her at night and that's about it. I will agree that there is no such thing as a routine when it comes to a baby. She eats and sleeps whenever she wants to and it's my job to work around her schedule.

What they don't tell you is how much fun it is to have a baby! Having this little girl is the hardest thing I have ever done. I'm not just talking about carrying, labor and delivery. The past 6 weeks have been some of the most difficult of my life. But, they have also been some of the most fun!

This little girl has been so awesome. I have so much fun playing with her and listening to all of her new noises. Yes, it's rough staying up until 2am because she doesn't want to sleep. But look at that face! How can you be mad at that?!

My grandmother's surgery went well and it looks like they removed everything they needed to. She still needs to get radiation but then it looks like she is in the clear. We are still trying to secure a baby sitter to help us until she is better.

I am going to try to enjoy my last week home with my little girl while trying to get Bryan adjusted to a new schedule. He will have to be the one staying up late with her and getting up with her in the middle of night. It's going to be rough at first but I'm sure he will get used to it!

Comments

  1. Great post. Couldnt agree more about the annoying comments of " sleep now cuz u wont later", or napping when baby sleeps. Ha!!! Even when I tried, by the time I fell asleep, she was up a min later so I gave up that practice!!Plus a momma need to pee, shower, eat at some points too. :) Lol. But mostly, it is def the hardest, yet, most fun part in life! Good luck with work. Im going back the 1st.

    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!