Skip to main content

7 Weeks!!!

I'm not really sure where to begin here. My baby girl is already 7 weeks old. I can't believe how big she is getting already. I can't believe how much different she looks from when she was first born. I can't believe how much I am dreading going back to work. I can't believe how much love I have for this little girl.

There is no such thing as a schedule with this little one. She has her early nights and her late nights. How much she sleeps during the day really doesn't have any effect on how she sleeps at night either. She sleeps when she wants to. I still have to give her some credit: she does sleep in 4 to 6 hour shifts at night regardless of what time she goes to sleep.

Sometimes we think she is asleep so we put he down and she wakes up and then stays up for a while. The only way to really tell if she is sleeping is to try and scare her. If she sleeps through it, she's OUT! She scares herself a lot in her sleep. When she scares herself, she usually throws both of her arms out to her sides and holds them there, like you see in the picture below!



The soy formula is still working like a charm. She just seems so much more comfortable now. She is still spitting up quite a bit but I will take that over the gas and constipation any day. We can ask her doctor about her spitting up at her next appointment but I think she is fine. She is still gaining weight. The last time I weighed her she weighed in at 11 lbs 5 oz. She is getting so big!

I haven't put her back in the bath tub yet. I went back to giving her sponge baths. She is just so much happier with them. I know that I will have to start giving her real baths again but for now I'm happy to give her the sponge baths. She actually smiled during her bath today so I'll take it!

Here are some pictures of our seventh week:








You are 7 weeks old now and I just don't know how to describe you. You are just the happiest baby I have ever seen. You only cry when there is something wrong. You are either hungry, need a diaper change or are hot. You very rarely ever get fussy anymore. You still talk like crazy and you love to lay on the couch and kick those little legs away!

Ceiling fan lights seem to be your favorite right now. You still like the lamps and the natural light that comes through the windows but for some reason, the bright ceiling fan lights just fascinate you!

We are soon going to be letting you sleep in your crib in your own room. You layed in your crib for an hour the other day just staring at your mobile and smiling so I'm hoping you like your crib!

Mommy still has so much fun watching you talk and play. I can't believe how much you have changed already and it makes me sad to think of how much you will change in another 7 weeks. You are just growing so fast!

My beautiful little seven week old baby!



I am dreading going back to work and I tear up just thinking about it. I have spent the past 7 weeks with you 24/7. What am I going to do without you?! You are the most amazing thing I have ever done. You have given me the most joy and I have so much fun with you.

I honestly never thought I would love being a Mom as much as I do. I never thought I would love telling people about my daughter. I love that word....daughter. I have a daughter! A beautiful little girl! I never thought I would want to be a stay at home Mom but I would consider it. I have never had so much fun at a 'job' before. She is just the most awesome little girl and I can't imagine my life without her now!

While I am sad to be going back to work, I am happy to report that we have secured a baby sitter! Thank you to Auntie Marty for wanting to help us. She is an amazing person and I know she is going to take good care of my little girl.

I have enjoyed my time at home with Ashlyn and I am going to miss her like crazy when I go back to work. I will still post blog updates whenever I can and I will still shower my facebook page with adorable pictures of my little girl!

Congratulations to Ryan & Amy Parsons. They just had a beautiful little boy and he is exactly 7 weeks younger than Ashlyn. Welcome to the world Max Anthony Parsons. Ryan & Amy, I can only wish you the same fun and happiness that I am experiencing with my little girl. Your lives will never be the same, they will be so much better!

Comments

  1. Your going to make me cry on monday:( I'm so excited and honored, but that first day for you will be rough. Thank you for this great opportunity to be in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm I'm going to cry tomorrow! I know it's going to be rough but as long as Auntie Marty takes lots of pictures and sends them to me throughout the day, I think I will be fine! We are lucky to have you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!