Skip to main content

Friday's Letter

 
 Dear Nan,

I'm so saddened by your passing that I feel the need to dedicate today's letters to you only.  You passed away on Sunday, just after I left from visiting you.  While I'm glad I got to see you one more time, I am haunted by the fact that if I had just stayed a little bit longer, you wouldn't have been alone.  It was hard to see you unresponsive and struggling to breath.  It was hard see you, once the big traveler, singer, piano player, in that way.  But I knew I needed to see you.  I honestly wasn't expecting you to pass so quickly.  I wanted to call the Chaplin before we left but thought I would have more time.  I thought maybe I'd come back the next day and call on him then but I was out of time.

Even though your mind wandered the past few years and you didn't really know who many of your family members were anymore, you were always happy to see people.  Your face always brightened and you always smiled from ear to ear.  You always said 'hiya honey, how are ya.'  You knew us but you just couldn't remember us.  I don't think you really understood that my kids were your great grandchildren but you were still always so happy to see them.  You loved kids.  I'm so glad you got to meet my son on your birthday in October.  I'm sad that you won't meet my future children.  You had the biggest heart and I love how much you traveled.  I have all of your pictures and it was so cool to go through them all and see where you have been.  I also love all of the old photos of you.  Your 1947 yearbook is awesome.

Today we hold your funeral and lay you to rest.  I think that I need to believe that you are in a better place in order to get through this.  Death scares me and I'm not really sure what I believe about it.  But I really do hope you are at peace, in no pain and smiling down on us.

Doris June Foreman
October 19, 1929 - December 8, 2013

I love her yearbook.  She was in the Glee club, which doesn't surprise me at all, and she played volleyball, which does surprise me a little!
 
 
 


That's my sister and I with my grandmother
 
 
 


Another one of my sister and I



 

 
Photobucket

12-13-13

Comments

  1. Oh vanessa - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. T&P your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was an emotional letter, rightfully so. I think it's amazing you have her yearbook she must have been really great at keeping track of things. She looks beautiful and I always appreciate someone who radiates positivity which is evident that she did. Nan will live on in your heart, body and soul xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!