Skip to main content

Weight Loss

I haven't made a blog post in a week.  I didn't even do my SWW post.  My husband and I have been managing to spend every single night of the week away from home and the kids take up my time during the day so finding time to blog is just not happening.

But since I have a few minutes while the boy naps and the girl watches a movie, I thought I'd update everyone on my weight loss efforts.

I haven't blogged about it much at all but I have been working my ass off (literally).  I weigh myself way more often then I should and I take my measurements monthly.  I took my measurements today and was pleasantly surprised by my results.

While the scale isn't moving much these days, the inches are melting off like butter.  I've lost a total of 19.5 inches so far and 14.6 pounds.  Again, the weight loss isn't anything to brag about.  I feel like I should be much further along.  But the inches lost?  I think that's amazing.

Oh and my BMI is down almost 3 points.  I'm not considered obese anymore!  Now I'm just overweight.  I always thought the BMI was funny.  I don't take it seriously because I know that I'm not obese but I always thought it was crazy that it put me in that category.  And my target weight?  Yea that still has me in the overweight category.  Oh well.

I've lost the most in my thighs and butt.  While that isn't my focus, the belly is, I'll take every centimeter I can get.

What have I been doing?

I recently gave up the Jillian Michaels shred.  Here's the thing.  I didn't feel that I was advancing as quickly as I should have been to keep up with that.  I think if I did that in two week increments instead of one week, I would have been much better off.  I did make it through week three before I gave it up.

The other problem with that shred is that it builds muscle rather than helping with weight loss.  I felt like I was bulking up rather than losing anything.  I can prove it.

I stopped doing the shred but I did continue to do the strength and ab portion of the shred.  Her strength portion mainly focuses on the arms.  This month, my arms actually increased in size rather than decreased.  I don't really care because I can see a huge difference in how toned my arms are but that's why I stopped doing the overall shred.

So now, I have been trying to switch up my workouts.  Here's my schedule:

Monday - Treadmill and Jillian strength and ab
Tuesday - Zumba and Jillian strength and ab
Wednesday - Elliptical and Jillian strength and ab
Thursday - Zumba and Jillian strength and ab
Friday - Treadmill and Jillian strength and ab
Saturday - Elliptical
Sunday - Yoga

Now this isn't set in stone.  I worked on the treadmill every day last week instead of doing Zumba or the elliptical.  And I've been trying to alternate between running and walking.  I'm not much of a runner so any running for me is a miracle.  I also have all of the P90X DVDs and plan to incorporate some of those workouts in on some days (yoga for example).  Since cardio seems to be what works the best for me, that's what I've been focusing on.

I've been trying to switch up the routines because I don't to be stuck on this plateau I've been on.  I went quite a few weeks with no weight loss at all and I was getting really discouraged.  But I have seen a bit of a drop the past week so I'm getting motivated again.  And the body measurements I took really have me motivated!

I'm still using my LoseIt app to track all of my calories.  I've really been trying to be conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth.  I increased my calorie intake to 1300 calories per day but I might drop it back down to 1100.  I'm always at least 1000 calories under my intake for the week and I'm usually anywhere between 100 and 700 calories under on any given day depending on my workouts.

I think I really just need to keep it in the back of my mind that it's not going to happen over night and that if I give up, I won't get any results.  Some results are better than none.

Have you been working on a weight loss goal?  What are you doing to get yourself to where you want to be?  Any awesome workouts you've been doing or easy meal recipes to share?

Comments

  1. I just posted about where I am today on my weight loss. I feel like my body is SO comfortable where its at right now and it scares me. I want to loose at least another 10 pounds before I am comfortable. However, I know its going to take lots of effort and I had no idea how challenging it would be to juggle one more baby with working out. It's tough! Hang in there, those are great results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post and I commented on it. It's so hard when you get in a rut and it's so hard when you're down to that last little bit.

      Delete
  2. That's HUGE process. I have to lose 30lbs and I haven't done anything to make that happen. My BMI says I'm obese too. Dammit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, bulking up. I know exactly what you’re talking about. It’s so hard to prove but it’s real! The measurements are a huge accomplishment and that’s where it should really count. I keep telling myself I’m going to get back into my workout routine but it’s not easy. Though I will say that you working your ass off motivates me a lot. So thank you. :] PS. I miss Parenthood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!