Skip to main content

So What Wednesday

Life After I Dew


So what if it I have a really hard time reading news about sick kids or kids who have died.

I think I wrote something about this before but this has been a tough week! 

If you are a part of the IG community then you have definitely learned about the tragic death of Ryan, the adorable red headed boy who was hit and killed by a truck this past Friday. #redballoonsforryan  

I cried when I read the story.  I don't know this family but my heart breaks for their loss because I have the same thing to lose.  I cried when I saw the huge outpouring of love on IG for this family.  Total strangers holding auctions and trying to help this family in any way they can.

I purchased a Kindness Box for the month of June because it's the 'Ryan Edition' and all proceeds from the boxes will go to Ryan's family.

I cry at every story I read.  A sweet little girl with SMA who's parents are trying to live every day with her as happily as they can because they don't know how much longer they have with her.  A baby born at 26 weeks who survives the NICU only to pass a few weeks after he's left to go home with his family.  A little boy who is fighting cancer.  A ten year old girl who tragically passed over the weekend in a car accident. 

Every story hits my heart heavily.  Every story makes me appreciate my kids a little more, hug them and kiss them a little more often.  Every story makes me slow down and pay more attention to my kids.  Makes me appreciate those 3am wake up calls a little more.  Make me want to push them on the swing just a little bit longer.  Makes me happy to stop what I'm doing and oblige when my daughter says she needs a hug. 

And every story makes me proud to be a part of a little community called IG because all of those people do nothing but help in any way they can.  What a wonderful place IG has become.  Uplifting, empowering, helpful, kind, loving. 

 

Comments

  1. As the internet brings everyone together, it's always a harsh reality that life is fragile. So very very fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same exact way. Last night my son woke up at 2:30am because he is teething and has a fever. Normally this would make me not such a happy camper, but I started thinking about the families who wish they were being woken up in the middle of the night and I started crying. My heart breaks for them and I can not begin to imagine their pain. Definitely makes you stop and appreciate every single day you have with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People supporting people is what it's all about. I am so happy that so many strangers are coming together and building a community of love. We need it, they need it, everyone needs each other. It breaks my heart a million times over. Hearing about loss will never get easy. :[

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!