Skip to main content

So What Wednesday

Life After I Dew


So what if it I have been a really terrible blogger lately.

This house we moved into?  It's like three times the size of our old house which means it takes ten times more maintenance than our old house which means I spend a lot of time cleaning. 

But I'm thankful to have the space we need to be comfortable.  I'm thankful for a spacious back yard with a big play set for the kids.  I'm thankful for a pool that we will probably use often this Summer.  I'm thankful for a fenced in area for our dogs.  I'm thankful for the rocking chairs on our front porch and a quiet neighborhood. 

These kids of mine?  They become more and more demanding every single day.  While Ashlyn likes her independence, she also likes to be up Mommy's butt.  'Mommy I need you' has become a common phrase in our house. 

And then there's the boy who is starting to gain some independence himself but gets pissed off when he gets stuck somewhere or when a toy doesn't do what he wants it to or when his sister takes a toy from him.  And sometimes he cries for shits and giggles and then plants himself in my arms and forbids me to do anything but play with him.

But I'm thankful for these kids of mine.  I'm thankful that they are beautiful and healthy.  I'm thankful for their hugs and kisses.  I'm thankful for their fun personalities.  I'm thankful that they are living and breathing and that I get to wake up every morning to their wonderful smiles.

This husband of mine?  Not only does he work his full time job, keep up his landscaping business on a part time basis and sell houses on a part time basis, he also plays church softball twice a week.  The kids and I have been to every game so far.  That means a quick dinner when he gets home from work and then off to a game.

But I'm thankful for how hard he works.  I'm thankful for the strong desire he has to provide for us so that I can stay home with the kids.  I'm thankful that he gets to take a few hours each week to forget about work and have some fun and fellowship.

This getting into shape thing?  It's not for the birds.  I spend at least an hour every single day working out.  It's usually during a nap time which is right in the middle of my day.  But it has to be done.

But I'm thankful for the weight and inches I've lost so far.  I'm thankful that I have the resources I need to help me lose the weight.  I'm thankful to be feeling good and healthy and to keep that going.

This schedule of mine?  It's crazy.  We are always on the go and two kids makes it that much harder and more time consuming to get to places.

Yea not really thankful for a crazy schedule.  Kinda wish it was a little more boring!

I do miss blogging very much.  I really miss reading other people's blogs the most.  I do think I keep up with a lot of people on Instagram so I'm not completely out of the loop! But I wish I had more time to blog.  I've just been too busy with my life!

Comments

  1. It’s hard to do everything you want in a single day. I’ve been so busy too, it’s exhausting! I love the way you countered every negative with a positive in this post. I feed off of optimism and gratitude and there was a great dose of it in this post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!