Skip to main content

Ashlyn's Third Birthday!

Ashlyn doesn't have her three year check up until later this month but I wanted to post about her third birthday party now.

We decided that we throw a big first birthday party for the kids but the next big party wouldn't be until five.  For Ashlyn's second birthday, we just had my parents come over to our house to give presents and have cake.  This year, Ashlyn made her own list of people she wanted to invite to celebrate.  The list was small (about 15 people) so we were ok with it.

We served appetizer type foods like mozzarella sticks and meatballs.  We had snacks like chips and pretzels.  And of course we had cupcakes.  We didn't really do any decorations or anything since it wasn't really supposed to be a party.

Unfortunately we started our day at the doctor because she and her brother were sick.  That didn't keep her down, though.  Ashlyn had a blast.  The party was full of adults, aside from my nephew who is 12.  The only other kids that were supposed to come were sick but Ashlyn still had fun.

She was allowed to choose whatever dress she wanted from her closet to wear for the day.  She chose her purple Elsa & Anna dress and her sparkly purple shoes.  Of course she had to have Elsa hair too.  I did my best!

She chose which cupcake she wanted and waited not so patiently for people to sing the birthday song so she could blow the candle out.  She didn't wait so we had to do it a second time so I could get a picture!

She was more than happy to open her presents but she really wanted to play with each item as she was opening.  She really loved her new Elsa and Anna dolls and she immediately chose to wear the Elsa dress her Great Uncle and Great Aunt got her.  Of course she is really excited about the new bike her Nana and Pop got her.

 

She had such at great time at the party.  She was so exhausted that she actually slept in her own bed all night long for the first time in months.  It was amazing!  Too bad her brother decided he didn't want to sleep.

On her actual birthday (Tuesday 12/9) she was, again, allowed to choose whichever dress she wanted to wear.  We blew bubbles inside since it was too cold outside.  She opened her gifts from us and promptly played with them.  We took her to Friendly's for dinner where we had to get our birthday ice cream to go because she and her brother were just coughing too much.  We really should have stayed home but I wanted to get them out of the house for a bit.  No matter because we enjoyed the ice cream as soon as we got home!

 
 

I think she had a great birthday party and birthday.  I just want to thank everyone who came to the party on Sunday.  I think we all agree that Ashlyn is a special little girl and you all made her feel like a princess.  We are so thankful to have so many people who care about our little girl.  She loves you all so much! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!