Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving...and other things

I decided that I wanted to host one of our holiday meals this year.  For some reason, I chose Thanksgiving.  Which is fine, except this was also the first year my husband wanted to have some of his family over for a Thanksgiving dinner as well.

So, on Thanksgiving day, we had my Dad's side of the family to our house for dinner.  And then on the Saturday after Thanksgiving we had my husband's family to our house for dinner.  It was great.  I had so much food leftover on Thanksgiving day that I didn't even have to cook for the next meal on Saturday.  I just threw everything into crock pots.

~

Ashlyn had her first sleepover (in at least a year) Thanksgiving night.  She decided that she wanted to go home with my Aunt and her cousin.  They didn't think she would want to stay over but I assured them they would have no issues with that.  And they didn't.  Except that she woke everyone up at 4am because she was coughing so much.  Oh well.

She was completely exhausted by the time we went and picked her up but she had a ton of fun.  And my Aunt just loved having her there. 

~

The day after Thanksgiving, my husband and I attended a funeral. My husband's cousin's daughter had a little baby girl.  When she was born, they found that her brain hadn't developed properly.  She was with us for a total of 9 days before she became an angel.

We were lucky enough to be able to go and meet her the day before she died.  We had no idea when we went that she was in such bad shape.  All we knew was that she was born 7 weeks early.  It was so sad to see her hooked up to all the tubes and wires.  And they had only just held her for the first time that day.  I would have gone crazy.

So the Friday after Thanksgiving we attended her funeral.  It was the saddest funeral I have ever attended.  I really don't know how her parents kept themselves together the way that they did.  I would have been a disaster.

~

We took our Christmas photos the Saturday after Thanksgiving too.  We got quite a few good ones and I'm having a hard time choosing one for the Christmas card.  We had taken some a few weeks ago but I didn't like them enough to use them.

 
 
It's a great photo and I'll probably print and frame it but I like to have our Christmas card photo in front of the tree wearing festive clothing.  It's just my thing. 
 
If you're interested in receiving a Christmas card from us, leave me a comment with your email!  I would love to exchange addresses.  I love Christmas cards!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!