Skip to main content

Merry Christmas!

We started our Christmas Eve with our first annual Christmas Eve box.  This is something I had seen online and wanted to start doing.  This year, I filled the box with matching PJs (kids matched, parents matched), a Veggietales Christmas DVD, some popcorn (salted caramel for me) and some little polar bears for the kids. 

I want to do this box every year but change it up.  Next year, the kids might not need new PJs because I bought bigger sizes this year.  So next year we might do a Christmas ornament instead.  I want the box to be fun for everyone every year.


 

Christmas Eve is always spent with my Mom's side of the family.  This year, it was my Mom's turn to host.  We had and Italian theme this year.  Baked ziti, lasagna, meatballs, pork BBQ, chicken BBQ and all kinds of awesome desserts. 

 
Cousins
 

This is my Uncle Earl.  These two are best buds.

This girl loves her Nana so much!

Christmas day we always go to my Mom and Dad's house to open presents and have dinner.  This year was no exception.  This Christmas, though, we took our time.  The kids had a rough night and both of them wound up in our bed so we all woke up together Christmas morning, which was kind of cute!  We went downstairs and got the kids some milk and cookies to start the day.

Then we opened presents.  We stuck with a four gift rule (want, need, wear, read) plus the stocking.  We really didn't want to go overboard on gifts since we already have so much.  The kids were happy with their gifts and we wound up putting almost all of them together right away so they could play with them.  I was impressed with my husband this year but I really made it easy for him by sending him pictures of what I wanted, mostly all gifts from Pier One.



Once we got to my Mom's house (around 1pm), we ate.  We were going to just heat up some food from the night before but the ham and turkey had already thawed so my mom made a whole new meal for us.  I'm glad because I really love ham and I really only have it on holidays.

After we ate, we all exchanged gifts.  The kids got way more than they needed, as usual.  We left some of the gifts there so they would have some new toys to play with while they were there.  We had a plan to leave at a decent time but that never works.  We stayed until the kids were ready for bed and we were hoping they would sleep in the car but that didn't work out.  They weren't too hard to get to bed, though, once we got home.

 


We also always have dinner with my Dad's side of the family.  That was scheduled for the Saturday after Christmas.  We had our traditional ham and turkey dinner at my Uncle's house and it was awesome.  I always forget how much I love ham.  And the Cope's corn.  I'm a picky eater but I LOVE cope's corn.  I think that's a PA thing.

My cousins on my dad's side are so much fun and I love spending time with them.  One of my cousins lives farther away and we never get to see him but he and his family were able to come this year and it was so nice!!  His little boy is sooo cute!!!  We took a cousins photo last year and we tried to recreate it this year.  I think we did ok!

2013 Cousins Photo
2014 Cousins Photo
All in all our Christmas was spectacular.  I hope that you all had a spectacular Christmas too!

Comments

  1. What a fun Christmas! I am trying to set up our christmas's to be lazier than they were when i was growing up. I want to do a christmas eve box, maybe we will start ours next year! I waited too long this year for christmas pjs and ended up with holiday ones. Also, my rule for buying clothes - buy big! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!