Skip to main content

Why Are Moms So Annoying?

On Columbus Day, we spent the day at a local orchard.  They always have fun fall activities for the kids on Columbus Day so some of my friends and I took our kids.  It was good.  Lots of stuff for the kids to do.  A little too warm for October and totally exhausting but still good. 

Until the end.

We were getting ready to head out and all the kids wanted to play on the playground they had.  I think it had 4 or 5 swings and two slides.  Not huge but big enough. 

The one friend I went with was pushing her daughter on one of the swings.  She's only around a year and a half so she needed help.  After she was done, Ashlyn asked if she could swing on that swing, to which my friend replied, of course!

As Ashlyn headed for the swing, determined to swing by herself, another little girl ran in front of her and jumped on the swing.  Ashlyn did what she always does when something like that happens: she dropped her head, shrugged her shoulders and walked away.  She was sad that the little girl stole the swing she wanted to use but she walked away and waited for another swing to open up, which did pretty quickly.

Mean while, I hear someone behind me say, 'Well you have to learn that there are disappointments in life early.'

Excuse me?

I turned around to see what looked like a mother and grandmother sitting at a table watching the little girl who stole the swing.  I looked at both of them, said 'Are you F*ing kidding me right now?' (yea I felt a little bad with all the kids around but still), turned back around and told my friend that we needed to go.

Yea I was pretty pissed.

First of all, my kid is 3.  Her kid was at least 6 (that or she was a giant).  There was no reason for her to push her way in front of any 3 year old to steal a swing. 

Second, she's MY kid. It's my job to teach her all about life lessons, not some six year old giant asshole of a kid who's mother is obviously an asshole too.

So, why are moms so annoying? 

Not all moms.  I know a lot of great moms.  Like ridiculously awesome moms that I'm lucky to call my friends.

But moms like this?  Moms who sit back and watch their kids basically be bullies and do nothing about it.  Moms who want to talk under their breath about other people's kids while their own kids are the real problem.  Moms who feel like their kid is the most special kid in the world and therefore is allowed to be an asshole.

Maybe people think I'm harsh because I will correct my kids in public for doing things I don't find appropriate, like stealing swings.  But guess what?  My kids aren't assholes!  And I don't sit back and allow my kids to be bullies and talk about your kids under my breath. 

I told my husband the story and he was surprised that I didn't take it any farther with this mom because he said he would have.  You think I'm a Mama Grizz when it comes to my kids?  You should see my husband!

So tell me what you think about this story?  Am I overreacting?  Have you ever had any issues with annoying moms and their asshole kids?

Comments

  1. Glad I didn't have any bitch moms while I was there. It's parents and kids like that, that make the world what it is today. Raising a bunch of entitled little assholes who have no respect or compassion for other people. Grrr I'm pissed for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!