Skip to main content

Fitness Friday

Linking up with Mandy from Mommy Musings for
 
Photobucket
 
 
It's been a while since I've linked up!  I didn't really want to link up and talk about weight loss when I knew I wasn't going to be losing any more weight any time soon!  Now that I have announced my pregnancy, I can talk about safe ways to exercise while pregnant.

I did not exercise at all during my first pregnancy.  I ate whatever I wanted and I did not exercise.  That was a mistake.  I only gained about 33 pounds with my first pregnancy but I'm sure I could have gained less had I been a little more conscious of my food choices and exercise options.

My husband and I started eating healthier in the past year so I know that's going to help me this time around.  I still need to add some exercise to my routine, though!  Chasing a toddler around helps but it's not a constant exercise routine.

I already notice a big difference between pregnancies.  I will be 10 weeks on Sunday and by that time during my last pregnancy, I had already gained about 5 pounds.  My belly grew at lightening speed for 7 months and then the last two, nothing. 

This time, while my belly is already bulging, I haven't gained a pound yet.  In fact, I lost a pound!  Rather than feeling like my belly is growing, I feel like everything else is shrinking out around my belly!  Now I'm sure that's going to change quickly as I have been a lot more hungry lately but I still think I'm starting off much better this time around!

I still need to make sure that I incorporate some exercising into my routine, though.  The weather is going to start getting warmer and I will be able to go outside for walks so that will help.  But here are a few other things that you can do during pregnancy to get your exercise in!

The Feel Great Workout - this really just involves a lot of stretching to keep you energized and feeling good all day long.

The Get it Straight Workout - this easy little workout helps take care of all of the aches and pains of pregnancy and looks to be mostly stretching.

Walk this Way - this is a trimester-by-trimester guide to the perfect walking workout for pregnant women of all sizes, shapes and fitness levels.

Ready, Set, Push! Workout - this shows different ways to strengthen your abdomen and pelvis to help prepare you for delivery.

Super Mom Workout - this is to help to prepare you for the constant lifting and holding that will come with a newborn and all of his or her gear!

The Power of Yoga Workout - Yoga helps to prepare you mind for labor, using breathing techniques to help with pain, but also helps to prepare your body for the physical aspects of labor.

The Total Body Workout - this is a 30 minute workout that targets your entire body.

I will most likely be utilizing the Feel Great Workout (to hopefully give me more energy), the Get it Straight Workout (to help with all of the back pain I have been having), Walk this Way (to get my butt outside and moving!) and the Total Body Workout (to make sure I get an overall workout). 

Of course everyone should follow these Exercise Guidelines and check with your doctor before beginning any kind of exercise routine during pregnancy.

What kinds of workouts did you do during your pregnancy to keep fit?

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for linking up!! Love that you are working out while pregnant! I always intended too, but with my intense morning sickness for the whole pregnancies just prevented that. When I did feel okay when I was pregnant with Emmy I would take long walks around my neighborhood which helped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I initially commented I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on
    every time a comment is added I receive 4 emails with the same comment.
    Perhaps there is a means you can remove me from that service?

    Many thanks!
    Also see my website - intranet.fundacite-merida.gob.ve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!