Skip to main content

11 Week Bumpdate

I wanted to post this yesterday and didn't get a chance!


Well first off, I thought my doctor's appointment was Monday and it turns out it was actually scheduled for Tuesday.  Oops.  Pregnancy brain.  They were nice enough to see me anyway.  I was hoping for an ultrasound but no such luck.  That's a good thing because it means we finally heard the heartbeat!

I was 9 weeks when we heard Baby Girl's heartbeat and let me tell you, waiting these extra two weeks to hear it was terrible!  I was so nervous that we weren't going to be able to hear it.  He tried using the abdominal Doppler at first but no luck.  So then he went in with the vaginal Doppler and after an uncomfortable minute or two, we had a hear beat.

174.

Nice and strong.  For some reason, I didn't write it on my blog what Baby Girl's first heart rate was but I think it was in the 160's. 

Anyway, I go back in 2 weeks for my first ultrasound and I can't wait!  I was pretty sick over the past week with a terrible cold but it seems like that is getting better now.  The doctor didn't seem to be concerned by it.

So, for now, I am not doing too badly.  The nausea and morning sickness has pretty much subsided.  It was much worse this time around.  I have been really tired this past week but I think that was just from the cold I have.  It's definitely hard being pregnant and having a toddler to take care of. 

I was craving sweet cereal pretty badly.  I was going through a box a week!  Captain Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms.  Now Baby Girl loves Lucky Charms!  But I haven't had too many cravings lately.  Maybe it's because of the cold.

I was getting worried because even though I was eating more the past two weeks, I was still losing some weight.  It looks like I may have gained a pound over the past week, though, so I'm not worried about it anymore.  Still down 3 pounds!

And boy has my belly popped!!

Sorry about the bathroom photo.  I took it quickly at work and wasn't able to get a better shot.

 
I took this one today but it didn't come out as good as I had hoped.  Next time I will have a better picture!
 
Now that you've seen the bump, don't forget to vote!  Boy or Girl?!
 
Next update in 2 weeks! 
The Life Of Faith

Comments

  1. Your bump is SO cute!! I'm guessing GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the wait for the first ultrasound is the worst!!!! Army hospital makes you wait til you're 22 weeks too- not even a crying pregnant lady would soften their hearts!! I am gonna vote for team blue- because I think more morning sickness means boy or twins... Lol.. But your bump seems to little for twins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, you are such a cute mommy! Glad you were able to hear her heartbeat. Yup, her. I'm off to vote. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!