Skip to main content

2015 in Review - Part 2

You can see the first half of our year here 2015 in Review Part 1

July was a busy month.  We took a little time off to celebrate 4th of July with some friends.  A fun time, as always. 

Our local movie theaters have free movies over the summer so I took the kids to see their first movie.  They did very well.

We celebrated my Dad's birthday and did a lot more house work.





August was mostly just focused on the house.  We had a big push on work so that we could get moved in by the end of the month.  We were so happy to finally be able to move.




We even got to celebrate Bryan's second birthday in the new house!  The little, stinky two year old had a great birthday.  He also had a great 2 year check up.  28.2lbs and 37 inches of wild little boy.



The week after we moved into our new home, we got some more really amazing news.


September was a crazy month.  I decided that I wanted to throw a surprise 75th birthday party for my grandmother so we had a lot of work to do with getting moved in so that we could have the party.  But we pulled it off and she was totally surprised!


 We celebrated our 5th anniversary.


We celebrated my grandmother's actual birthday.

 We dealt with Colson's due date.  What an emotional day.


I took the kids to the Curious George exhibit at our local museum.  They had a blast.


We also got to see our newest little baby for the first time.  One ultrasound each month for four months.


October was a slower month.  We started taking Ashlyn to soccer.  She loved soccer, especially because her bff played too.


I took the kids to a local Fall festival.  They got to do a lot of Fall activities but it was such a warm day.  Not at all what we expected for a Fall festival!


Girls dinners started this month.  Two of my friends and I decided that once a month we were going to get together for a girls dinner.  Always a fun time.


We got to see our little smoosh again. 


November was another slower month.  Soccer continued.


We found out the gender of our sweet little baby and had a little gender party.


We celebrated my husband's birthday.


We celebrated Thanksgiving at my mom's house this year. 


 And another picture of our little smoosh.  This was the 16 week scan.  Such a hard day.


December is always a busy month.  Ashlyn turned 4!  We celebrated with a few close family members.  She was so excited and she loved having all of the attention.


 

We decorated gingerbread cookies.



We celebrated Christmas.  Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family, Christmas day with my parents, the day after Christmas at our house with my dad's side of the family.  An amazing holiday, as usual!





We also celebrated my Mom's birthday.  Ashlyn took her Nana out to lunch for her birthday, just the two of them.  She loved having the one on one time with her Nana.  We went out to dinner as well.


And we got to end our year with another look at our little smoosh.  His 20 week scan (done at 21w2d) showed a perfectly healthy baby boy measuring about a week ahead at almost 1lb 12oz already!  His little kicks prove how well he is growing but I can't wait until May. 


We had a lot of ups and downs in 2015.  Here's hoping 2016 brings us nothing but love and happiness!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!