Skip to main content

2015 Goals in Review

Here is my review of the 2015 goals I had set for myself.

Lose weight - I am looking to lost at least another 20-30lbs this year.  I lost about 25lbs last year but I want to keep going.  I've been stuck in a rut lately and need to dig myself out of it and get back on track.  I also want to eat healthier and live healthier all around.

~I pretty much stayed the same weigh throughout the year.  Since my husband spent the entire year on and off of Whole30, eating habits have changed and have become more healthy.  There's still room for improvement here.

Budget - we have never had a budget.  We have never really needed to have one.  Now that I am not working and we are surviving on one income, a budget is in order.  I need to get this done.  We are so used to just buying whatever we want and not thinking twice about it but we really need to sit and think about what's important with our finances.

~We still have not set a budget!  We are so bad with this.  2016 will be the year!

A new house - this was on my list last year and we were able to move.  But we aren't really feeling settled were we are now.  So, we have a new goal.  We are planning to renovate our previous home (which we still own and rent out) and move into that at the end of 2015 or beginning of 2016.  We have big plans for the year in regards to that house and we are really hoping to turn it into something we love.

~Yay, we moved!  It took us three long months to get our house (mostly) done so that we could move in but we did it!  We still have quite a few projects we'd like to complete but we have a new home that we love.

Another baby - I'm adding this to my list again.  It's time.  The husband is on board so now it's just a matter of trying.  We were having some insurance issues but they seem to be worked out now so we should be good to go!

~Well we did have another baby but we also lost him.  I don't think I need to talk about this one anymore than that.

Give more - I really want to put together a trip to the Soul Kitchen and volunteer for a meal this year.  I posted something on Facebook about it, asking if anyone else would be interested in going and I was sad to see that no one responded.  I need to do things that are good for my heart if I want to make a difference in my life and in other's lives.  I also posted the Pay it Forward Initiative and have at least five people signed up for random gifts this year.  I'm going to open this up on my blog too and see if I get any response there.

~I still wasn't able to put together this trip.  We just had too many other things going on.  I was able to follow through with all of my pay it forward people.  I love sending gifts to people.

Unplug - I'm hoping that we can really set some rules this year in regards to our electronic devices (phones, computers, TVs).  I don't want phones at the dinner table, I don't want the kids watching TV all day long, I don't want electronics on at all times of the day.  I really hope we can unplug from our electronics and connect to each other a little better this year.

~This did not happen this year.  We did not have phones at the dinner table 70% of the time but we can do better than that.  We really need to keep working on this one.

Have more patience - I have never been a patient person.  Having kids has helped that but I think I could still use a little work.  I try very hard not to rush my kids.  I always tell Ashlyn to take her time even if we are running late.  I always stop and give her hugs when she asks no matter what I'm doing.  I try not to get angry when she destroys her room because she always helps me clean it up.  But I still do find myself losing my patience now and then so I'm going to work on this.  More patience with my kids, with my husband, with my animals, with my friends, with strangers.  Just more patience all around.

~I think I've learned a lot more about patience this past year.  The kids are going through the worst phases right now and we've really had to come up with creative ways to cope with them. 

Take more ME time - I love my kids and I love spending my days with them.  I'm grateful that I have a husband who works hard to make sure that can happen.  But sometimes Mama just needs so ME time.  I know that if I can get more time to myself, I will be a much more patient Mama and just be better all around.

~I started taking ME time!  In October (better late than never) my little tribe and I started having girls dinners once a month.  It's so nice to be able to sit with them and just talk and vent and recharge.

Did you set goals or resolutions for 2015?  Did you accomplish any of your goals or actually follow through with your resolutions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!