Skip to main content

Change

Facebook gave me the word CHANGE as my word for 2016 and I actually think that it's perfect.  We do need to make a lot of changes in our lives this year for the sake of our family and our sanity.  So, what do I intend to change in the coming year?

I intend to:

-spend more time with the people I care about, the ones who want to spend time with me

-tell those people how much they mean to me more often

-leave the negative people in the past where they belong, cut out more of the negative people

-perform more random acts of kindness through the year

-try to have more patience with my kids, I think I'm going to need a lot of it this year

-be healthy - forget the weight loss goals, I just want to be healthy

-pay less attention to social media and more attention to life

I'm sure I could go on and on and on about things that I could change for 2016.  I've got budgets I want to keep, things I'd like to save for, projects I'd like to complete.  The most pressing issues are the ones above.  The things that have bothered me the most about 2015 are what need to be changed for 2016.

We've got big things happening in 2016 and sharing those things with the people we care about is so important to me.  But I'm not interested in sharing with people who will do nothing but bring negativity into our lives.  We've already had to cut people from our lives in 2015 and I know that there will be plenty more in 2016. 

My friends are important to me.  My true friends.  The ones who have supported me through all of the mess in 2015.  I think tragedy always makes you reevaluate the people who surround you.  I want to be more intentional with those friends.  I want them to know how much they mean to me.  I want them to know how much they have helped me. 

A lot of the people who helped me through the last year were people I have never even met!  The wonderful ladies I have talked to through blogging and IG have been so supportive and I'm really going to strive to build on the relationships I have with those ladies.  Maybe even try to plan some meetings this year!

I think the main goal is to just break free from the negativity and drama and focus on our family.  It's just not worth the anxiety and stress to hang onto toxic relationships.  It's time to focus on more important things. 

I hope that 2016 brings all of my friends and family nothing but love and happiness. 

 

Comments

  1. Those are great changes, Vanessa! Looking forward to 2016 with excitement.. But there is one thing we need to change .. We need to get together more often! :)

    -Ashley Eager

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!