Skip to main content

Make Stubborn Stains Dissapear!

This is another article I found in my Woman's World magazine (July 18, 2011, Page 34). This one gives some easy ways to get rid of stubborn stains. Most of these stain removers are every-day household items and the other ones are easily obtainable.

Makeup Stain - Eliminate with HAIRSPRAY - Spritz the stain with hairspray, let it sit for 10 minutes and then wipe clean with a cloth. Rinse in hot water and launder as usual.

Coffee Stain - Eliminate with TOOTHPASTE - Wet the area with cold water, then run a peas-sized amount of whitening toothpaste on the spot. Wait two minutes and then rinse with cold water.

Sweat Stains - Eliminate with ASPIRIN - Crush three aspirin tablets in a bowl and add enough water to make a paste. Spread on stains and let sit overnight. In the morning, rinse with hot water and your whites should be bright again.

Ink Stain - Eliminate with HAND SANITIZER - Saturate the stain with sanitizer, then blot with paper towel. Repeat until the stain is gone.

Bleach Stain - Eliminate with A SHARPIE - Sharpies come in nearly 50 colors; find the shade that matches the fabric and dab on the faded spot until it's covered.

Crayon Stain - Eliminate with PAPER TOWELS AND AN IRON - Cover the crayon stain with a paper towel sheet and iron over the paper towel. Then rub a dab of dish washing liquid over the spot to remove the pigments, and launder as usual.

Blood Stain - Eliminate with SALT - Make a paste with 1/4 cup salt and 1 Tbs. water, then apply to the stain. Leave on for 30 minutes, then rinse off.

Grass Stain - Eliminate with VODKA - Dip a clean cloth in vodka, rub it vigorously and then rinse in cool water. Bonus: it removes lipstick too. Blot the stain with vodka, then launder as you would regularly.

Mustard or Ketchup Stain - Eliminate with SHAVING CREAM - Wet the spot with cold water, cover with foam shaving cream and let sit for five minutes. Rinse and the stain should be gone.

Grease Stain - Eliminate with COLA - Pour soda over the grease stain, rub it in and let it sit for five minutes. Launder as usual with regular detergent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!