Skip to main content

Update 09/07/11

How far along: 26 weeks
Size of baby: Size of an eggplant.
Maternity Clothes: I just bought some really comfy jeans at Motherhood Maternity.
Gender: Baby Girl!
Movement: Finally!
What I miss: My energy! I am still so very tired.
Cravings: Mostly carbs like potatoes and pasta.
Symptoms: I'm still very tired all of the time, no headaches, ankles swell all of the time, heartburn and backaches are the worst!

I haven't updated since my last doctor's appointment and, boy, has a lot happened! The first exciting thing that has happened is that I think I can finally feel my little baby monster kicking! The kicking started late last week and hasn't stopped! I am so happy to finally be able to feel her.

My Mom told me to stop worrying about it, that once she starts I will want her to stop! I guess I will have to wait a few more weeks for the excitement of it to wear off though because I just want to feel her moving around all the time!

The second exciting thing that happened is that I made an appointment at Womb With a View to get my 3D/4D ultrasound done! I won't get another ultrasound until the end of October and I just can't wait that long to find out for sure if I have a little girl monster in my belly!

The appointment is set for September 24th at 12pm and my husband and my mother are going along. The closer we get to it, the more excited I get. I'm not all that happy about seeing her little face. It's still very creepy to me. I would rather wait to see that when she is born but I have to make sure she is a she!

They told me to make sure that I don't skip my breakfast or lunch before I go because if the baby is hungry, she won't move! They also told me to bring some orange juice in case the baby isn't moving. I guess that will help get her moving!

I was referred to Womb With a View by a friend of a friend and I have heard good things about them. I will probably go with their U-C-ME 3D/4D Ultrasound Package. It comes with a 30 minute 3D/4D session, a DVD of the session, 4 color photos, 4 B&W photos and a CD containing all of the still images. 30 minutes is a little long for me but I want the colored photos.

The third exciting thing that happened is that I got a baby doppler. It's just like the one that they use in the doctor's office to hear the baby's heartbeat. I thought I would feel much better about my pregnancy if I could hear my baby's heartbeat whenever I wanted. I got it last night and probably laid for an hour listening! I love it!

As far as symptoms go, still tired all of the time. The backaches are still pretty bad and I use a heating pad for that whenever I have to. Heartburn is killer! I'm also quite miserable. I guess the hormones are kicking my butt because I'm just miserable all of the time! I really don't want to have anything to do with anyone right now. I just hope it passes because it doesn't make my husband very happy! And I know that my mom is planning a HUGE baby shower for me in November so it better pass by then!

I'm still trying meats all of the time. I have been able to eat more and more chicken now so that's what we get every night. My poor husband doesn't complain because he is happy that I am eating meat but it's getting pretty boring!

I'm also still trying to eat salads and more healthy snacks. Breakfast is my hardest meal because I have a bagel every morning. What else is the pickiest eater supposed to eat?! I also feel like I'm the most hungry in the mornings. We started taking the dogs for walks every night so the exercise is helping.

Next update will be next week at 27 weeks!

I also want to make a quick shout out to "An Ordinary Mom". Check out her blog here. She is going through a very difficult time right now with her oldest son who had a brain tumor removed recently. Please send your love to her and her family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!