Skip to main content

Update 09/14/11

How far along: 27 weeks
Size of baby: Size of an eggplant.
Maternity Clothes: Nothing new in the past week
Gender: Baby Girl!
Movement: Finally!
What I miss: My energy! I am still so very tired.
Cravings: Mostly carbs like potatoes and pasta.
Symptoms: I'm still very tired all of the time, no headaches, ankles swell occasionally, heartburn and backaches are the worst!

The past week has been pretty mellow. Nothing really new or exciting to report. Little Miss is still kicking when she wants to. I notice it mostly when I'm hungry and after I've eaten. So she is telling me to give her some food and then is thanking me for feeding her by kicking the crap out of me!

The 3D ultrasound is getting closer! Only 10 more days until we get verification that this is in deed a Little Miss! I can't wait to find out so I can finish the registry and start the nursery!

The first few nights I used the baby dopplar, I found the heartbeat right away. Now I tried it again two nights ago and couldn't find the heartbeat. This thing is pretty sensitive. You have to have the sensor directly over the heart beat to hear it. I only know that because I put it over my own heart to make sure it worked properly. It had to be directly over my heart in order for me to hear it.

I don't have the patience to move that thing centimeter by centimeter to find the heartbeat! I can only hope that the farther along I get, the easier it will be.

As far as symptoms go, I'm still tired all of the time but I don't feel as drained as I used to. The backaches come and go and I still use a heating pad for that whenever I have to. Heartburn is still the worst symptom! Someone suggested that I eat bananas but I don't really like bananas. I'm still miserable but this week hasn't been quite as bad as the past few weeks. Hopefully the hormones are evening out again.

I'm still trying meats all of the time. I have been able to eat more and more chicken now so that's what we get every night. My poor husband doesn't complain because he is happy that I am eating meat but it's getting pretty boring!

I have a lot of things going on soon. On Saturday my husband and I are going to a Penn State football game. It is my anniversary gift to him. Quite clever since the 1st anniversary is paper and I got him tickets to a game! Our anniversary is 09/18.

I am in a wedding in October so that should be entertaining since I will be 7 1/2 months pregnant at this wedding! Maybe I can talk to bride into letting us sit down during the ceremony? Hahahaha! I hope she reads this!

Then my husband's 30th birthday is November 5th. I'm still trying to decide what to do for him. It will be his last non-kid birthday so I want to make it a good one. I hope I don't offend anyone invited with my 'adults only' invitation. I just want him to be able to enjoy his 30th birthday and be kid-free for the last time!

Then there will be my baby shower in November. My mom is throwing this big bash so it should be exciting. I'm planning to print out my entire blog with all of my updates and articles so that the people at the shower can see how I have been documenting Little Miss's life so far. I think I finally nailed down a design that I like.




What do you think? I was going to use the actual background of my blog but I'm not sure if I like that. It also takes up a lot of pages. The first blog alone takes up three pages!








Then I have all of the wonderful holidays and family get-togethers. Then I have a baby coming. And then I also have my mom's 50th birthday this year. It's a BIG year! I have no idea what I'm doing for her but I have to do something! This is going to be the craziest winter I have ever had.

Next update will either be next week at 28 weeks or after my next doctor's appointment, which is 09/26! If I wait until 09/26, I will be sure to update everyone on the 3D ultrasound that I'm getting on the 24th.

I'll also try to get some new baby bump pictures on here in the next week or so. My husband keeps commenting on how 'round' I'm getting. Not sure if that's good or bad!

I also want to make a quick shout out to "An Ordinary Mom". Check out her blog here. She is going through a very difficult time right now with her oldest son who had a brain tumor removed recently. Please send your love to her and her family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!