Skip to main content

Update 09/26/11

How far along: 28 weeks 5 days...79 days to go!
Size of baby: Almost the size of a squash
Maternity Clothes: Nothing new in the past week
Gender: Baby Girl!
Movement: Lots and lots!
What I miss: My energy! My more stable moods!
Cravings: I'm not really craving much of anything.
Symptoms: I'm still very tired all of the time, no headaches, ankles swell occasionally, heartburn and backaches are the worst!

Today's check up went well. Little Miss must have been moving around a lot this morning because her heartbeat was 156! But the doctor said everything looks good. I'm measuring well, my weight is on track, no crazy symptoms to report. It's all good!

I go back on October 17th for my next ultrasound and after that, I have to go every two weeks! I didn't realize how close it was until she she said every two weeks!

Little Miss is moving around quite a bit. I still notice it mostly when I'm hungry and after I've eaten. So she is telling me to give her some food and then is thanking me for feeding her by kicking the crap out of me!

As far as symptoms go, I'm still tired all of the time but I don't feel as drained as I used to. The backaches come and go and I still use a heating pad for that whenever I have to. Heartburn is still the worst symptom! Someone suggested that I eat bananas but I don't really like bananas. I have found that milk really helps the heartburn! I never drank milk before I was pregnant because it always made me sick but now I can't get enough of it!

I'm still miserable but this week hasn't been quite as bad as the past few weeks. Hopefully the hormones are evening out again. I'm still trying meats all of the time. I have been able to eat more and more chicken now so that's what we get every night. My poor husband doesn't complain because he is happy that I am eating meat but it's getting pretty boring!

My husband and I went to that Penn State game on our anniversary. It was ok. We probably won't ever go again but it was something different. We also went out to dinner at a local restaurant called Austin's. Best food ever!!

On Saturday, I am due to get my dress fitted for the wedding I'm in. That should be fun. Although, I tried the dress on over the weekend and it still fits! It's just a little tight at the top of the belly because it has a band around it. I hope my tailor lady can help that.

I'm still planning my husband's 30th birthday party. I couldn't decide whether or not I was going to have it at home and invite a few people or have it out somewhere and invite a bunch of people. Since we are not sure if our house will be done by then, I decided to have it out. It's not much of a surprise anymore since he has seen the guest list but he still doesn't know where I am having it so hopefully I can keep that part a surprise.

I'm still going with the adults only theme so that he can enjoy his 30th birthday and be kid-free for the last time!

On the home front, the renovations have begun. The living room is torn apart. My husband got the new windows and trim in and now he has to paint everything and lay the flooring. Once that's done, we will move our bedroom into the living room so he can start working there. I think the kitchen will be last. I just hope he can get it all done before Little Miss is here!

The biggest update is about the 3D ultrasound. I think I will post another blog about that so that I can include some of the pictures. We have definitely confirmed that it is a girl and I have almost called her by name to people on more than one occasion! It's hard to keep it a secret!

Of course we forgot to take a baby bump photo on Saturday but that's ok. I took one of myself in the mirror! Look at my puppy sitting at my feet! I love her!




Next update will either be next week at 29 weeks.

I also want to make a quick shout out to "An Ordinary Mom". Check out her blog here. She is going through a very difficult time right now with her oldest son who had a brain tumor removed recently. Please send your love to her and her family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!