Skip to main content

Fitness Friday: Loseit.com

Linking up with Mandy from Mommy Musings for
 
Photobucket
 
 
Baby weight sucks.  You have those women out there who barely gain a pound during their entire pregnancy and what they do gain...they lose within the first month of the baby being born.  Then you have the people like me, who just can't seem to shake the baby weight.     
 
I don't ever talk about my weight. It's just a weird thing I have.  But I have been 'dieting' for the past 5 weeks now.  I'm trying not to see it as a diet but more of a lifestyle change.  I've cut my portion sizes down, started making better choices and kept track of all of the foods I'm eating (calorie counting).  I'm down 9lbs so far and I hope the weight will just keep coming off.  I won't share my goal because I'm weird like that but I'd like to be a 'normal size' (normal to me) again by December.
 
I credit my success so far to Loseit.com.  Never before have I felt so accountable for the foods that I am eating.  I keep track of all of my food choices and let the system tell me what I can and can't have.  I love  Loseit.com because I can enter all the foods that I plan to eat in a day and then tweak my diet accordingly. 
 
It even accounts for alcohol!
 
It gives you your daily and weekly totals and nutrients shows you all of the other details of your diet for the day such as fat, carbs and sodium.
 
Planning to go out to dinner?  Loseit.com has tons of restaurants in the food library so if you are able, you can check the menu ahead of time and plan your meal.  Know you are going to go over your calories for the day?  You can plan exercise too.  Loseit.com will tell you how many calories you are burning on any activity that you do.  I especially love house cleaning.  Burns a ton of calories!
 
They also have different reports that you can look at to see how many carbs you're eating or how much sodium you're taking in.  They have challenges you can take to lose more weight and they have forums to get information.  You can also get Loseit.com on your phone with a free app!
 
I know that there a ton of sites out there that you can use but I really enjoy using this site the most.  I think what helps the most is the exercise indicator.  I like knowing that what I'm doing is actually burning off calories!
 
If you're thinking about starting a food journal or counting calories, I highly recommend Loseit.com.  I have used it in the past successfully and it as been successful so far.  Let's just hope I can keep it up.  I need to get in shape for Baby #2!
 

Comments

  1. Before everything else, if that's your diet, good job girl! I'll check this app out!

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's my diet. I'm trying to eat normally but just cut portions back. Staying under 1100 calories is tough!

      Delete
  2. This looks great! I'm going to have to check it out. Thanks SOOO much for linking up with me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse