Skip to main content

Let's Talk Tattoos

Linking up with Melanie for
 
Photobucket
 
I literally found Melanie's blog today via Crazy/Simple Mama who I also found today via First Name Smith.  Gotta love all of these connections!
 
Onto the link up.  Tattoos.  It's no secret that I am a lover of tattoos. 
 
This is my tattoo.  Excuse the leg stubble.  I got this when I was (I think) 23.  My name (Vanessa) means butterfly, hence the tattoo.  I love it.  I have no regrets about getting this baby at all.  I love the colors and the design.  The only thing I would change is the outline.  I wish it wasn't so dark or so thick.  I may eventually go back and get that lightened to a grayish color.
 
 
While I do love tattoos, this is my only one.  My husband hates them.  We butt heads a lot on this topic because I want a few more and he doesn't want me to get them.  I did promise him when I got that one that I wouldn't get anymore but things change. 
 
I would really like to get something for my Grandmother.  She has had a quadruple bypass, diabetes, hernias and breast cancer.  I saw this tattoo on Pinterest and fell in love.  I like the wrist tattoos a lot. 
 
But then I thought that maybe I could so something more simple like this and get a pink ribbon on one wrist for breast cancer and a red ribbon on the other wrist for heart disease.
 
 
I'd also love to get something for my children.  We only have one baby girl right now but I hope to have at least one or two more so I would like to get something in honor of them.  My ultimate dream would be to have a large back piece done.  Some kind of branch or tree or something.
 
I think tattoos are beautiful and I just love looking at them.  Yes, they can sometimes be tacky but I still love to look at them.  Would I ever get a full sleeve?  No, I wouldn't but that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the person who does have one.
 
One of these days I'll just go ahead and get those ribbon tattoos or that tatto for my kids despite what my husband thinks.  Maybe.  Some day.

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for linking up - I love your tat. I also am in love with tattoos and that wrist one with "Hope" is adorable. Thank you again for stopping by and checking it out - this has been a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! I love finding new blogs to read!

      Delete
  2. First off--I love the name of your blog! So cute!

    I think getting tattoos for your children is a great move. I'm not that into tats, but every once in a while I think about getting one down the road and if I did, I'd probably do something for my future kids. Something nice and mushy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I stole it from a movie. I think tattoos should have some kind of meaning no matter how many someone has. What better meaning than your children?!

      Delete
  3. Im a mom of 3 (7yr old & 5yr twins) and I love tattoos. My first was a butterfly and now 10 later lol. I have 3 snowflakes on my wrist for my kids:)

    sara xx Happily following along
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! Snowflakes...cute idea! Were your kids born in the Winter?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse