Skip to main content

Mommy Moments

Linking up with Callie from Through Clouded Glass for
Mommy Moments Blog Hop
 
We made it to our first Fall festival this past Saturday.  It wasn't really a Fall festival, though.  It was more like a flea market.  There were tons of people there with table after table of things to sell.  It wasn't really what we had in mind in terms of a Fall festival but it was still nice to be able to enjoy some food, walk around and (of course) buy things!
 
I can't find my camera cord so here are a few pictures from my husband's crappy iPhone.
 


 
Baby Girl was such a little angel all day long.  The scarf she is wearing is one that we bought (for me) and we wrapped it around her because it was a bit chilly. 
 
After the festival, we decided to do some more shopping.  We need to baby proof our house now that she is mobile so we were off to find a baby gate. 
 
First we had to try on a few hats...
 

 
 
Then we went to dinner where Baby Girl likes to sit in the booth with Daddy like a big girl.  No high chairs for us...
 
 
We went to Target in search of a baby gate and some other baby proofing items after dinner.  We got the gate and we also got her new car seat.  It's going to take some time for us to get used to it but I'm sure it will be fine. 
 
We went with the Graco Classic Ride 50
 
 
We wanted something that wasn't pink so that we could use it later.  I liked the design on this one and it seemed like it had a lot of cushioning to it.  We also wanted something that was moderately priced. 
 
We installed it Sunday and so far we hate it.  It doesn't seem like it's tight enough when buckled in.  My husband took a turn and the seat actually tipped over a bit.  It was enough for us to pull over and check it to see what was going on. 
 
It also doesn't seem to sit correctly on the seat.  You know how it has a little plastic window on the side and the ball in the window is supposed to be in the green if it's installed properly?  Well ours is in the red.  And we can't figure out why.
 
I'm not sure if we are going to keep it or not.  I'm not really keen on the idea of 'rigging' a car seat.  When I took Baby Girl to daycare this morning, it wasn't too bad.  It didn't tip over like it did yesterday.  But I did notice the shoulder harness wasn't as efficient and she was able to lean forward more easily.
 
I think we will play around with it some more, see if we like it.  But if not, that baby is going back.  I'm not going to risk my Baby Girl over a car seat!
 
Anyone have any suggestions for a convertible car seat???
 
Sunday we had church, dinner with some friends, another trip to YoGo and then grocery shopping.
 
Baby Girl is always so patient. 
 

 
Daddy was trying to get Baby Girl to smell the candles.  She did smell a few of them but we couldn't get the picture in time.  I think she was done with this one....

 
We had such an amazing weekend.  It was so nice to be able to spend time together as a family for a change!  Our next Fall festival is next Sunday.  Looking forward to pumpkin funnel cake!

Comments

  1. I love the pictures of her in the hats - so cute! So frustrating about the car seat though . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She was a trooper and didn't complain at all when we put them on her! I know....I'm hoping someone can help save my sanity with the car seat!

      Delete
  2. Just a thought: but I'm pretty sure that the local fire company, or police station, will look at the seat and install it correctly. I hear all the time about them offering free checks. I'm not sure who does it, but one of them? Would be helpful to call and see what they say, they can direct you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My Mom suggested that as well. We contaced our local state police department and are waiting for a return phone call.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse