Skip to main content

Someone Stole My Baby...

...and replaced her with a crawling, talking, toothy grinned ten month old!  Did the title catch your attention?  It just seemed more interesting than 'Ten Months Old!'

The basics?

Diapers - size 3, still using the generics from Wal-Mart.
Clothing - 9 month and 12 month.  She is slowly starting to grow out of the 9 month stuff and mostly wears 12 month now.
Food - Moving on up to stage 3 foods and more 'adult' foods.  She has a great appetite and has tried many different foods like broccoli, cauliflower, tomato soup, chicken noodle soup and much more!  She loves her Puffs but isn't crazy about the yougurt bites yet.
Sleeping - like a little rock.
Daycare - still ok. Hoping to get her out soon, or at least only send her part time.
Camera roll - 1231 pictures, 171 downloads
Teeth - Two bottoms and one top so far!  Second top tooth is coming soon!
Words - Da Da, Ma Ma, Na Na, dog, duck, kitty, puff and sometimes she says hi
Favorite cartoons - Phineas and Ferb, Mickey Mouse Club House
Favorite toy - Still the $5 plastic house I got at Wal-Mart, her stuffed Pug and her Rocktivity set

Baby Girl is finally crawling!  Turns out, the poor thing just couldn't get the traction she needed on our (fake) hardwood floors so she just wasn't crawling.  She finally figured it out that she can crawl easily on the area rug and if we take her pants off, she can crawl on any floor.  (yea I know it sounds weird but the cotton material on the fake floors just doesn't work)

So now she's a crawling machine.  She still gets lazy and rolls around the floor from time to time but for the most part, it's all crawls.  Along with the crawling came more standing and more trying to pull herself up so walking won't be too far behind.

Talk much?  This kid is amazing.  She can say the basic words like mama, dada and nana but she can also say dog, duck, kitty (ditty) and puff!  There have been a few times when she has said Hi as well but not enough for me to count it is an actual word.  If you say 'so big' she throws her hands up in the air.  She also high fives.

Baby Girl does have a bit of a cold but it's clearing up now.  Last week was a Baby Vick's kind of week and now she is sounding much better.  She also got one top tooth.  We had one bad night with that tooth but that was it.  Hoping for the same result when the other tooth comes in.

The girl can play.  She is now in love with the Rocktivity toy we got her a few months ago.  She plays the music and then sits and bounces to it.  It's so cute.  We got really lucky with ours, though, because we got it at a Babies R Us store and the price tag on it was really weird.  When we took it to the register, they said it was $25.  We thought that was a good price and didn't think twice about it.  Turns out it's actually a $90 item! 


She still spends about an hour each morning in her play area playing and watching cartoons.  Some mornings she plays and some mornings she just lays on her pillow and watches her cartoons.  She still likes Phineas and Ferb and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:

 





 

 
My little Baby Girl...You are growing up so quickly!
 
10 Weeks
 
10 Months

I really can't believe you are already ten months old!  You are literally the sweetest baby I have ever seen.  Your smiles and laughs make our hearts melt.  It seems like you learn something new every day and we can't keep up!

Your vocabulary is just amazing for a ten month old.  You love to try to say new words and you have taken off with your crawling!  While you are still outgoing, you seem to be more shy around men lately and you won't reach for any man but your Daddy.  He loves this of course!

You are also becoming a bit more clingy and cry more often when I leave the room.  Daddy is usually right there to keep you entertained, though.  He just loves to play with you and make you laugh. 

Now that you are crawling and pulling yourself up more, you really favor the Rocktivity toy that we got for you.  It seems like your goal to reach the top drums on it, which means you are standing more and more.  You also love to bounce to the music!

The remote is still one of your all time favorite things to reach for.  My cell phone seems to be the second.  You throw things more often now, though, so I don't give you my cell phone very often.

You still see your Nana almost every day and boy do you love her. You do nothing but smile and laugh whenever you are around her. Nana really loves her time with you.

This month has been full of so many wonderful developments and we can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

My BEAUTIFUL 10 month old Baby Girl:
 
 
Baby Girl had her 8 9 month photos taken!  I posted a preview and hope to get the rest posted this week.  They are posted on my Facebook page so like me!  I am also hoping to get the Labor Day weekend pictures posted this week (oops).
 
First Fall festival was canceled this past weekend due to the weather so it looks like we have to wait until Saturday for the next one so stayed tuned!
 
PS:  Happy 4 month Anniversary to Lisa!  And happy one month of being 26 (weirdo).

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Loved that funny picture you posted about Queen. One of my favorite bands of all time and so true!

      Delete
  2. Hahah! I love it when I make the posts. Ashlyn happy 10 months of being awesome :)

    The 9th is a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! LOVE all her brown wavy hair!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse