Skip to main content

So What Wednesday

Life After I Dew


So what if my daughter acts more like a baby now than ever before. 

We have a serious jealousy issue going on at our house right now. 

Ashlyn loves her little brother.  She tries to soothe him when he cries, she gives him his paci if he loses it, she gives him his toys if the drops them, she gives him a blanket if he needs one.  She is quite attentive to him.

But she is also seriously jealous of him.

When she eats, she wants me to feed her.  The girl is capable of feeding herself.  But since I feed her brother, she wants me to feed her too.

When he gets his diaper changed, she wants hers changed too.  She has given up on potty training all together and I think it's only because a diaper change is just one more little bit of attention that she gets.

Whenever the little guy is chewing on something, she wants it.  The Sophia the Giraffe I bought for him...she steals and carries around.  She only gives him the toys she doesn't want to play with.

And now she seems to be doing things just for attention, no matter how good or bad.  Like last week when she stuck her hands down her poopy diaper...twice.  Or how about that attitude she has been giving lately? 

My husband and I try very hard to give her as much attention as possible.  I try not to let her feel left out even when my attention is focused on the baby.  We always tell her how amazing she is and give her praise when she does something great.

I know it's just a phase but it's exhausting sometimes! 

The plus side is that she is such a cuddler.  She gives random hugs and kisses for no reason.  I can't complain about extra hugs and kisses!  And she always wants to help.  She feeds the dogs and puts her toys away and is such a big girl.

If you have multiples, did your kids go through this? 

 

Comments

  1. Taylor gets jealous when Alex's therapists come over because he is getting extra attention. We seriously had an entire session of speech therapy the other morning with Taylor sitting on the therapists lap. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL She is a total big sister! Her jealousy and acting out doesn't seem to be too bad, but I hope it curbs before it gets worse. As long as she isn't taking it out on Chunk then eh- it's expected. I remember when my youngest sister Maria was born, my other sister Tina began crying profusely because "no one loved" her anymore. It was true, we didnt. JK JK JK! All those free cuddles and kisses would make me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually so glad you posted this! With being 7 weeks out from my due date, I am REALLY nervous how Dakota will act when her little brother gets here. I figure I'll just handle things when they happen, but I'm driving myself nuts thinking about it now. Nothing I can do about it until it happens. Hope you get some recommendations from other Mama's. That, or I bet she grows out of it soon, I bet its just a phase and getting used to for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a real issue in the beginning. Ours was attitude issues. Erin spent almost every night just the two of them playing for almost two months. She's slowly getting better with him, we do try to do 'just Mackenzie' activities or one of us takes her to the store alone. We make it a big deal to praise her when she shares or does something extra to help. This is also why we have delayed potty training, I'm afraid of the issues that could arise. I'm sure it's a phase- a yucky one. :/ Sorry I don't have more ideas since we are still going through the trial and error

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!