Skip to main content

So What Wenesday

Life After I Dew


So what if it I had a whole SWW post planned but have completely changed it because I am now annoyed by this post I just happened to read.

Basically she is saying that we suck for writing our birth stories.

Um, I enjoy reading other people's birth stories.  I think that births are all unique in their own way and they are all special in their own way and I don't think that there is anything wrong with wanting to document that. (and that's pretty much the exact comment I posted on her blog post)

I like learning the details of births.  And of course I love the pictures of the squishy babies and awesome mamas right after birth. 

I have written birth stories for both my kids and I did that so I wouldn't forget anything.  Yes birth is painful and messy and not something that everyone wants to read about.  But it's also beautiful and special and something I don't ever want to forget. 

The only bad thing about birth stories is that they do open up a world of judgment.  People reading your story will have some kind of thought about something in your birth story.  I always find one of the biggest judgment factors is the epidural.

No matter.

I think birth stories are all special in their own way.  Yes, they all end the same way...with a baby!  But the emotional journey each of us goes through to get to that baby is so beautiful and I think it's worth documenting!

So, I will continue to write birth stories (for as many babies as I have) and I will continue to read them because I think they are awesome.  And if you don't like them, then don't read them. 
 

Comments

  1. Welp! That got to me. I just went over and commented on that blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading birth stories too! I am so thankful that I wrote mine about Leah and now Hannah so I can cherish that moment forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I agree with you writing this instead. That was pretty aggressive as another commenter wrote. And I wrote them for me so I wouldn't forget....Mackenzie was not what I had imagined and it was a way to grieve over that. But I don't want to forget it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading other peoples birth stories. Everyone's experience is different and IS special. I wrote my birth stories so that I would be able to look back later and remember even the little things. I just read her post and it's very abrasive. Having a baby is a BIG deal. You are bringing a brand new person into the world. I agree with you. If you don't like birth stories then duh...don't read them. She shouldn't be rude to the moms out there who do want to read and write them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! SO WHAT if I write gross details about my birth story. Close the window, girl. Lol my dad tried to scare me out of the epidural by telling me I would feel electrical shocks long after the birth. He’s so crazy! I took every drug they let me and thank god! Worst pain of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you! I love reading other people's birth stories as well....and while I have never officially written my 2 babies stories, I have definitely told them to whoever wanted to listen. I also think when my daughter gets older, and who knows maybe my son as well, will enjoy hearing her story!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!