Skip to main content

So What Wednesday

Life After I Dew


So what if it really pisses me off when people PUSH their parenting choices.

Raising kids is all about making choices:

Breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding
Co-sleeping vs. not co-sleeping
Vaccination vs. not vaccinating
Cloth diapers vs. disposable diapers
Cry it out vs. nurture
Homemade baby food vs. packaged baby food
Starting solids at 4 months vs. starting solids at 6 months

These are just a few of the choices we have to make as Moms.  These are just a few of the reasons why other moms judge us.  These are just a few of the things that people are passionate about.

I am not a perfect mother.  I do what is best for my family.  I do what works for us.  I don't care what works for you.  It works for me.  If something I do will also work for you, then great!  If not, who cares?

I'm so tired of seeing people pushing their viewpoints.  I see these posters posted on IG that advocate breast feeding and almost have a tone that puts down formula feeding moms.  I see posters for cloth diapering that have a tone that puts down disposable diapers.

I did not breast feed my daughter, she had soy formula.  I breast fed my son for three months until I realized I could not produce enough for him and now he is bottle fed formula.  I cried hard when I realized I couldn't breast feed him but other moms don't think about that.  They just see that I'm NOT breast feeding.

I have used disposable diapers for both of my kids.  I vaccinate to the fullest.  I didn't co-sleep with my daughter and only barely co-slept with my son.  We do use the cry it out method sometimes.  I used packaged baby food for my daughter and now make my own for my son.  I started my daughter on solids at 4 months but waited until closer to 6 months with my son. 

These are the choices that I made for my children.  This is what works best for my family.  

Why? Why? Why?  Why do we still have these Mommies Wars going on?  Why can't we come together as women and mothers and support each other for the choices we make for our families because when it comes down to it, we are all just trying to do our best!

Are there any advocacy issues out there that you see that just piss you off?


 

Comments

  1. I always want to pop off about the judgment and the criticism people pass on parent's parenting. The same people that claim to be against "mommy wars" even join in! There is some bozo reality show star that recently mentioned she doesn't vaccinate because it causes autism, and though her statement is really out there (wtf), that was her choice and yet all these people on facebook were talking about how stupid she is and blah blah and her kids are going to but ours at risk yadda yadda and it bothered me. I vaccinate but trust me, I do NOT want to. I feel like every 3 months getting shots is intense and some of the vaccines aren't even legal in other countries. So it's scary, but it's like you said, my freaking choice. It would be amazing if we could all just respect each others opinions and be able to support each other regardless. I love your sass!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!