Skip to main content

Ask Me....I Dare You: Answers!



Asked my the lovely Lisa at Have A Nice Day:

If you could live anywhere else, where would it be?

     This is a really tough question because I've never really imagined living anywhere else.  I love living in Pennsylvania.  I love that we get to experience all four season at pretty much the perfect intervals.  I love that all of my family is here. 

     I guess if I had to choose some other place to live, it would be somewhere warmer, somewhere remote, somewhere quiet, somewhere close to a beach.  I think warmer is key.  My husband and I had an amazing time on our honeymoon in St. Thomas.  I think I could live there. 

What is your most embarrassing moment ever?

     I don't embarrass easily.  I'm really pretty open about everything so nothing really embarrasses me and if I do something stupid like fall or something, I usually just laugh it off. 

     I'm going WAY back here because I really think that this is the most embarrassed and mortified I've ever been.  I was 17.  My parents went camping every single weekend from April until October.   They had a permanent camping site at a campground about an hour away.  (they still do)  My Dad worked third shift and so he worked Friday nights and had off Saturday and Sunday nights.

     He was supposed to be going right to their campground after work but instead he decided to stop home first to pick something up.  What he didn't expect to find was my boyfriend at the time at our house....in my bedroom....in my bed....sound asleep.

     I just happened to be downstairs at the moment he walked in the door, which was like 4:30am.  I have no idea why I was even awake.  But I remember my heart just pounding as soon as I saw him.  And I heard my grandmother (who lived with us) say 'uh oh' from her room.  They were great secret keepers!

     It was pretty bad.  I had to wake up my guy and basically tell him we got caught and that he needed to get out of the house quickly.  It was not fun.  My dad made me go with him then and made me tell my mom.  I remember during the car ride he told me he wasn't mad at me for what I was doing, he was mad for not being honest about it. 

     I guess it wasn't too bad because that boyfriend is now my husband!  Although I'm sure he's going to be pissed when he finds out I shared this!  Hey, it's a huge piece of our history!


Asked by Miss Rebecca at Diz Mommy:

You have such a great education, what is your dream job?

     Great question!  I have no idea.

     Seriously...I have no idea.  My Bachelor's degree is in Business, Management and Marketing.  I have no idea what to do with it.  I liked my retail management job.  It was physical and social and I got to be creative.  But I hated the hours.  I worked as an Administrative Assistant for a little less than a year and I loved that but I wanted more.  I was promoted to a Marketing Analyst within that company and I hated every second of the job.

     I think if I knew then what I know now, I would have been geared more towards event planning or something like that.  I love to host parties and plan events.  Of course the hours for something like that are probably not the greatest.

     I think that if I were going to go back to work, it would have to be to a job that I love and a job that is important and gives back in some way.  A non-profit maybe.  I don't think I really every found my niche so this is so hard to answer!

     For now, I love being a Mommy!

And I also want to know where you would live if you could move anywhere (and whoever move near you too.)

     See above answer on the anywhere I could live.  But I would want my family with me.  Not just my husband and kids but my mom, dad, grandmother and nephew for sure.  I also have a really close relationship with my Uncle and Aunt so it would be nice to have them around too.

     I would also love to have my brother in law and sister in law close to us.  My husband only talks to his youngest brother (and he comes from seven) so it would be nice to have them close by.  We are actually looking to possibly move closer to them in the future.

Are you afraid of roller coasters?

     I hate the hills on roller coasters.  I hate that feeling that you get like your stomach is literally going to come out of your mouth.  I love loops though, and I find that roller coasters with loops have less hills.  But ultimately I am a bit afraid of roller coasters.

     I am always thinking, what if it breaks down and we get stuck on the highest hill?  What if my harness comes undone and I fall out and die?  What if I throw up?  Too many what ifs for me so I just avoid them.  I generally avoid amusement parks altogether.

Would you ever bungee jump?

     Absolutely not.  This is right there with the roller coasters.  WAY too many what ifs for my liking.


Asked by Miss Shannon at Sitting In A Tree:

I so want to be the person to ask you something super personal...so, let's see...how old were you when you first made out with a boy? *giggle*

     Of course this made me giggle!  My first kiss was at 12 (I think).  It was a boy I had met on a weekend camping trip and I was dared to kiss him.  It was stupid but I was 12 so whatever. 

     I had a few kisses here and there but my first real make out session was at 16.  Again, a boy I had met during a weekend camping trip except this one happened to live close to me.  We actually started dating and were together for well over a year before we broke up.  We made out a lot LOL.  
    

Asked by Miss Stephanie who is an IG follower and one of my carabox exchange partners:

What would you do with $10,000 dollars?

     Now I think this is a ridiculously hard question because...$10,000?  Not $100,000 or $1,000,000?  I would like to think that I would take it and split it in half and put $5,000 each into an account or something for my kids.  But let's be realistic.

     I'd probably take the money and pay off some debt with it.  My husband and I don't have a lot of debt (aside from a mortgage and student loans) but we do have some.  So I'd probably pay that off and anything left over would go to the kids.  Pretty boring but realistic.

     In fantasy land, I'd take the entire $10,000, book a two week trip to Italy for my husband and I, make my husband leave his cell phone at home, drop the kids off with my brother and sister in law and go!


These were some awesome questions.  Thanks for asking!!!!  If these answers have prompted any more questions, feel free to ask! 

Comments

  1. I'm not a bungee jumper enthuisast in any regard either! As a kid I was fearless, nothing was going to stop me from anything. But as an adult, I now realize that other adults just like me are in charge of things running smoothly. Uhm, I don't trust adults like I did when I was a kid so now I don't trust jack! 10grand dream trip of italy sounds a lot better than paying off debts. It's so hard to be responsible and have fun! Why is life so tricky?! and btw- cant believe the house on parenthood is sold. :[ AND REALLY? NOW JOEL IS COMING BACK?! dfjkghdfjkgh!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!