Skip to main content

8 Months!

The basics?

Diapers - Size 3, moving to size 4
Clothing - 12-18 month
Food - He has eaten everything I've given him so far.  He seems to favor apples, pears and carrots.
Sleeping - Through the night!!!
Teeth - Five chompers, with three more on the way
Words - ba ba, da da
Favorite toy - Bouncer, activity cube, play time puppy

Little man is still rocking the 12 and 18 month clothing.  He still fits into some of his 12 month stuff but he is quickly outgrowing it.  I have bought him all 18 month clothing for the Summer and all of his PJs are 18 month.  Hopefully that will get us to Fall. 

I just moved him to size 4 diapers because he was peeing through over night.  I'm starting to dive more into cloth diapering, though.  I have two Bum Genius Diapers and I am planning to buy a few more of some other brands to see how I like them. 

Kid eats like a champ.  But he only eats at regular meal times.  He eats his breakfast, which is usually a fruit with cereal and 4-5 ounce bottle.  Then he eats lunch, which is usually the same as breakfast.  Then he eats dinner, which is usually a vegetable and a 4-5 ounce bottle.  Then he is usually good until bed when he just gets his bottle.

It's not very often that he wants anything in between.  Sometimes we give him some puffs or a little bit of whatever we are snacking on but he is pretty regular with his meals.  He does wake up really early sometimes demanding a bottle but that's not all of the time either.  It's so weird that he just has this normal eating schedule. 

He's still always wanting our adult foods and now that he has more teeth and seems to be understanding how to eat things, we have been giving him more.  I pureed chicken and potatoes for him the other day but he didn't seem to like it very much.  But he will eat little chunks of chicken and turkey burger.  I'm going to start giving him chunks of fruit as well to see how he does with that. 

He's still sleeping pretty well through the night but he has been waking a little earlier (4-5am) lately and I think it's because he's teething.  Poor kid had six teeth cutting at once.  Three of them have finally cut and we are just waiting for three more.  When he wakes early, he usually just takes a bottle and goes right back to bed.

He naps pretty regularly.  He pretty much skips the short morning nap now and just has one long afternoon nap and one shorter evening nap.  Still goes to bed around 9:30 too.

He is loving bath time now!  We got a slip mat for the bath tub so he can sit in the tub with his sister now and he loves it.  He splashes and plays with the bubbles.  They talk to each other and laugh at each other and it's so much fun to watch.

He sits up by himself now and he is so close to crawling.  He gets up on those hands and knees and rocks back and forth but he just won't go any further than that.  I know it's coming soon, though.  For now, he just rolls everywhere he wants to go!

He still babbles but really only says bababa and sometimes dadada.  I've also heard him say muhmuhmuh but that's not too often.  I'm really hoping he starts to babble more.  I want him talking like his sister!

He finally got the puffs to his mouth this month.  He's been trying for the past few weeks to eat on his own an he was finally able to do it just this past week.  It was so cute to watch him feed himself and he looked so proud of himself!  He also started reaching for us this month. 

Boy can he throw a tantrum.  He already hates the word no and cries whenever he hears it.  If a toy doesn't do something he wants it to, he cries.  If we take something away from him, he cries.  If he just doesn't feel like something is going his way, he cries.  If we walk past him and don't pick him up, he cries.  It's usually only for a few seconds, though, and then he's fine.  Fortunately he smiles more than he cries!

Pictures of my sweet Little Boy:








 
Little Dude, even though you have so many teeth cutting right now, you are still so happy and playful.  I love your smile and your laugh always makes me laugh.  You are so sweet in the mornings when I come in to get you.  It's so cute the way you smile at me when I come into your room.

Your personality is really developing.  You are more demanding and you seem to know what you want now and you will get mad and cry if you don't get it.  You are enjoying playing by yourself now that you can sit up on your own but you also still crave attention.  And your stinky face, as I call it...ridiculously adorable.
 
You LOVE your sister.  If she laughs, you laugh.  If she cries, you cry.  Your face lights up whenever she is around you and you love it when she plays with you.  She really is a good big sister.  I have to laugh at the two of you when you fight, though.  It's too funny.

You are the sweetest little guy and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel so lucky that I get to call you my son.  It makes me a little sad to know that in four short months, you will be one year old.
 
My BEAUTIFUL 8 month old Little Guy:

 

Comments

  1. He's so cute and SO big!! I can't believe he's in 18 month clothing already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's got to be one of the cutest baby boys I've ever seen. Love watching him grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the perfect little baby on your hands! I’m surprised he isn’t much of a snacker. That’s a good habit he already doesn’t have! Lol I miss the little babble before words, and the inability to crawl. Dylan’s teeth need to hurry up. He only has six, Chunk is going to surpass him soon if he doesn’t get his act together. I cant believe how much time has already gone by. These rascals are set on growing up and leaving us in the dust to pick up their cheerios.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!