Skip to main content

Holy F

My husband volunteered me to babysit this past weekend.  A two month old.  I got my little 11 month old and a 2 month old.  And my husband was working so I was on my own.  Joy.  I figured it would give me a nice taste of what it will be like with two kids in the future.

Here's my little stinker being her nosy self trying to see the baby in the play pen. 
She couldn't quite see over the top, though.
 
This is the calm before the storm. 
 
 
Baby Girl was her happy little self the whole time the baby was sleeping.  When that baby was awake?
 
Holy F.
 
I don't think I was prepared for the epic meltdown she had as soon as the baby woke up.  I guess maybe she saw the bottle as I was feeding the little one and that set her off because she literally sat in a small pool of her own tears and would not stop crying.  I had to put the baby down and put Baby Girl in her high chair with some puffs and juice to calm her down.

It was hard to try to choose between the two.  I mean, I wanted to make sure the little one was getting what she needed but I couldn't just ignore my Baby Girl. 

While we didn't have any more epic meltdowns, she was clingy and whiny the rest of the night, even after my husband got home.  I put the little one in the vibrating chair and sat on the floor and played with Baby Girl so she wouldn't fee left out but it didn't help much.

I have tried so hard to make sure that Baby Girl didn't become too dependent on me.  I didn't let her fall asleep on me.  If she did, I made sure I put her in her crib right away.  I didn't hold her 24/7.  I tried to let her go and play on her own as much as I could.  I let her do what she wants, within reason, but also discipline her when she is wrong.

Sometimes I feel like this backfires on me because I want her to need me and she just doesn't seem to.  Sometimes I'm afraid that I let her become a little too independent.  This was probably the first time that I actually felt like Baby Girl needed me.  And while it was nice to be needed, it wasn't pretty and it certainly did give me a huge reality check.

Please tell me that she is just too young to understand and that next year, when we hope to have a second child, it will be a little easier!  I was exhausted!  I mean, the little one wasn't that much work because she was pretty happy most of the time but Baby Girl?  Just trying to handle her demanding attitude was tiring.  I can't imagine having twins!

While this little trial was exhausting, it really doesn't make me want to change my mind about having another baby next year.  I really think my husband was hoping it would but no luck on that buddy!!

Linking up with Faith for
The Life Of Faith

Comments

  1. The first time my daughter saw me with another baby, it was melt down central! I had to give the baby back to mom, and my daughter climbed in my lap faster than anything. She wasn't even 2 at the time, so a little older than your daugther, but still young enough to realize that she had never seen me hold another baby other than her. She has been fine after that one time.

    Now, we days away from having a 2nd baby, and she's almost 4, and couldn't be more excited. I'm sure it was a shock to your little one to realize she had to share mommy.

    New follower from Mommy Moments.
    http://musingsofamommabear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse