Skip to main content

First Birthday....Coming Right Up!

In 26 days, I will have a one year old.

The basics?

Diapers - still a size 3.  The girl is growing up, not out :) 
Clothing - 12 and 18 months and the pants always seem too short
Food - More and more 'adult' foods.  She now gets her own plate of whatever we are having for dinner.  She is still eating some stage 3 baby foods too.
Sleeping - Goes to bed between 9 and 10, wakes up between 7 and 8
Daycare - still there :(
Camera roll - 1405 pictures, 179 downloads
Teeth - Two bottoms and four tops!
Words - Da Da (Daddy once), Ma Ma, Nana, dog, duck, kitty, puff, hi
Favorite cartoons - Mickey Mouse Club House
Favorite toy - Her stuffed Pug and her Rocktivity set

She decided that as soon as she started crawling, she was going to start walking as well.  She is always on her feet, always trying to walk.  She still needs our help but it won't be long until she finds her balance and takes off on her own.  I'm pretty sure she will be walking by herself by her first birthday.  (which I still can't believe is in 26 days)

The kid mimics everything.  You make a sound, she makes a sound.  You say a word, she makes a sound like the word.  You clap, she claps.  You dance, she dances.  It's amazing what she can do.  She points to what she wants now and yells if we don't take her to it right away. 

The newest toy added to the collection?  The VTech Zebra Scooter.  It's a little above her age level but we wanted something that would grow with her.  She loves this thing. It plays a ton of music and changes from a seat, to a walker to a scooter. She will have this thing for a long time. And we got lucky with this one just like we did the last big toy we bought. It was listed on sale at Walmart.com for $39.99 but when we went to the store to buy it, they only had one left and it was on clearance for $20!! WIN!  She has fallen off of it twice now so we have decided that she is only allowed to play with it under serious supervision. 

Speaking of falling, the kid is falling all over the place now that she is mobile.  If she's crawling, she occasionally just falls flat on her belly and lays on the floor.  If she is sitting, she will fall backwards all of the sudden and smack her head on the floor.  If she's standing or walking, she'll topple over and smack her head on the floor.

We have gotten better with our reactions and we generally just let her go to see how bad it is before we start to gush.  Kid's got a hard head because she usually gets right back up and goes about her business.

Worst fall so far?  She fell off her changing table.  Total Mom meltdown.  I felt so bad.  I turned my back for one second, literally.  I was able to grab her before her head hit the ground but she still landed.  And she cried.  Bad.  For all of 30 seconds.  And then she was distracted by the window.  Girl loves windows.  And mommy certainly learned a lesson.

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:







 
 
My little Baby Girl...You are growing up so quickly!

11 Weeks

 
11 Months

I am in complete awe of how quickly you are growing.  You are just learning so quickly and we are amazed by the new things you do every day.

You mimic like crazy.  Mommy and Daddy (mostly Mommy) really have to start watching their mouths because you try very hard to repeat everything we say.  I'm still amazed by how much you talk and I love to hear you babble.  You also like to break out in some crazy high pitched screaming from time to time.  Not crying, just random screaming.  We aren't sure what prompts this but it's pretty funny.

You are becoming more and more interested in food.  You still eat your baby foods but you are always more interested in what we are eating and you yell at us until we give you some.  You like to feed yourself now, too.  I always cut up for food and set it on your tray table so that you can help yourself.   

You LOVE music and we are so glad!  You are always bouncing and swaying and dancing.  I love it when you are playing and a commercial on TV has music because you always start bouncing to the music.  We always have the radio on in the car for you and you and Nana always sing on the way home from daycare.

You dig into everything.  One of your favorite things to do is to grab your diaper bag and pull everything out of it, once piece at a time.  I don't mind because it usually keeps you entertained while I'm making dinner!  You also beeline for the refrigerator any time it is open.  You like to grab the items on the door and play with them.

Mommy has started to collect empty water bottles and fill them with beads.  You love to shake them because they are really loud.  You also like to chew on the cap since you always seem to be teething!(I hot glue the cap on so she can't get it off)

You're starting to give hugs now!  There is nothing better than when you wrap your little arms around my neck and squeeze!!  We are also working on giving kisses.  You have the lip motion down, you just aren't really sure of when to use it.

My darling little girl...you are just so amazing.  You make Mommy and Daddy smile and laugh every single day.  You fill our hearts with so much love and you make us so happy to be parents!  We are so very honored to be able to call you our daughter.
 
My BEAUTIFUL 10 month old Baby Girl:
 
(with an Utley photo bomb)
 
 
The next monthly update will be for my little 1 year old.  I can't believe she will be a year old in a month!  The birthday party is coming together nicely.  I finalized the design of the invitations and now I just have to send them out.  I'll be working on different decorations throughout the month and will post them when they are completed.
 
 
 
The Life Of Faith

Comments

  1. They grow up so fast! In, two months I will have a one year old too. The zebra outfit, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious. It is amazing how fast they grow up. My little girl is 8 months today and I just can't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is amazing. Happy 8 month birthday Violet! Beautiful name!

      Delete
  3. That new toy looks like a great one!! Mackenzie almost 'climbed' down from the changing table the other day. scared me half the death! Now I strap her down on the changing table whenever I need to turn my back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She loves that Zebra! And it has like 100 different learning and musical things on it! I felt horrible when she fell of the table. I'm just glad she is ok. Now it's time to lower the crib before she crawls out of it!

      Delete
  4. She is ADORABLE! I wish Emma was still in size 3 diapers. I feel like they are too short or something so we use the size 4. I may buy a small pack of cruiser type since those tend to be longer just to check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about to move to size 4. I've noticed that she has been leaking through her diapers lately and that usually only happens for us when she needs a new size. Also looking to move into cruisers. Kid never sits still!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse