Skip to main content

15 Month Check Up

Ashlyn had her 15 month check up on Monday. 15 months! Coincidentally, the baby is 15 weeks along as well. Weird!

Doctor's Stats:
Weight: 24lbs (75th %)
Height: 31 inches (75th %)
Head: 19 inches (back off the charts lol)

The basics?

Diapers - still wearing a size 4 but starting to think about pull ups
Clothing - All 18 month and even some 24 month
Food - She still eats just about anything. Kid loves broccoli and carrots but her favorites are still mac and cheese and grilled cheese.
Sleeping - Goes to bed between 9 and 10, wakes up between 7 and 8
Daycare - still there :(
Camera roll - 2007 pictures, 228 downloads
Teeth - 12 teeth total!
Words - Too many words to list!
Favorite cartoons - Mickey Mouse Club House
Favorite toy - Anything she's not supposed to play with!

Pictures of my sweet Baby Girl:




Sorry for all the car seat photos...it's the only time she sits still!
15 Weeks
15 Months
You are a professional walker/runner. Yes, you run. A lot. You are everywhere. We can't keep you contained no matter what we do. But that's OK. We LOVE it! We can't wait to be able to take you for walks in the park when the weather is warmer. We know you are going to love it.

You are an amazing talker. Even the doctor was a bit surprised by your vocabulary. You say hi and bye to everyone you see and you do it with the cutest smile. You know too many words for me to list. And you actually know these words. They aren't just words you say for fun.

For example, you know what your blanket is and you have one with you at all times. You are always asking us for it by name. More and mine have become two of your favorite words. And you say Love You now instead of I Love. It's the cutest thing ever!! Every once in a while we can get you to say 'I see you' when you're playing peek-a-boo. Oh and 'ready, set, go' is something you say when you are playing with Daddy. Just amazing!

You still eat pretty well but you get much more picky when you're teething, which I'm expecting again soon. You love broccoli and carrots. You also love chocolate and caramel. You had one recent week when you literally ate everything in sight. But then you got sick and became more picky. We really can't complain too much about your eating habits, though.

You have always been a bit advanced in your teeth growing abilities. The only teeth we are waiting on are you second molars and your canines, both top and bottom. I'm expecting to see those canines any day now but I'm so glad we won't see those second molars for a long time. Molars are the worst!

You are still a big music fan. You love to sing and dance. Whenever the Mickey Mouse Hot Dog Dance comes on, you start to sing some of the words. You are always wanting to watch videos of yourself and then you dance along to the music because almost every video of you has music!

You don't really have a favorite toy right now. You really play with all of your toys equally. You'd much rather play with things you're not supposed to. I'm always catching you digging into things you're not supposed to be digging in!

I don't even know how to describe your hugs. It's the sweetest thing in the world when you stop whatever you're are doing just to give Mama a hug. You finally started giving kisses too. You will give me a hug and a kiss any time I ask for one. I soak that up as much as possible because I know it won't be long until you fight me on hugs and kisses!

Your tantrums aren't that bad. You can be pretty fierce but for the most part, you are very sweet. We can tell that you know when you are doing something wrong and you usually stop when we tell you to. We haven't had many knock down, drag out tantrums yet but I'm sure they will be coming.

You were having an issue with us going out to dinner. You couldn't seem to sit still long enough. We took you to Valentine's Day dinner with us and you were so bad, we had to have our entrees packed up and eat them at home! Typical toddler I guess. But you seem to have settled down a bit and were pretty good the past few times we went out.

I am so lucky to be able to call you my daughter. You have been such a little angel since the second you came into this world. I enjoy spending time with you more than anyone else in this world. I can only hope that your new brother or sister will be as happy as you are. I can't wait for you to become a big sister and I know you are going to fill those shoes well!

My BEAUTIFUL 15 month old Baby Girl:

Comments

  1. She is getting so big and even more beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so darling! I can't believe all the hair she had at 15 weeks. I'm still waiting on some hair for my daughter hehe.

    Tiffany
    www.littlegems3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used pull ups for awhile because we had some from a friend and I liked them. I think Mackenzie did too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!