Skip to main content

Liebster Award #1

Christy at Monkey's and Twinkle Stars nominated me for a Liebster award!
Nomination Date: February 9, 2013 (yes, I suck)
Check out her blog because it is adorable!


11 Facts about me
Answer the 11 questions given to me
Nominate 11 people
Create 11 questions for them to answer
11 things about me:
1. I like to put my iPod on shuffle but then I almost always keep skipping until I get to a song I really want to hear.

2. I always have a hard time listening to a whole song. When I know the end of the song is near, I almost always hit next.

3. I like to take notes on napkins. Not really sure why.

4. I am never satisfied with store bought invitations and I don't like to spend a bundle on custom made so I almost always make my own.

5. I don't like gummy candy like gummy bears, butterfingers or taffy because I don't like how it gets stuck in my teeth.

6. I hate that grimy feeling I get on my teeth after sucking on a cough drop.
7. I never wanted a lot of kids. I never really liked them. Now that I have one, I want a bunch.
8. I get really excited when I actually finish a cool craft project and it looks nice.
9. I absolutely hate folding laundry and will let it pile up in every single wash basket until there are none left before I actually do it. I just can't stand it!
10. I go through Pinterest spurts. I won't go on for two weeks and then I'll pin 100 things at once.
11. I love Willow Tree figurines and have a crap ton of them!
Christy's Questions:

1. What is your favorite place to vacation?
--I don't really know if I have a favorite place! My favorite vacation to date was the trip to Mexico my husband and I took but if I was going to visit a place over and over again, it would probably be St. Thomas.
2. What is your favorite beauty tip?
--Less is more! I hate seeing pretty girls with a ton of makeup on their faces.

3. Do you prefer nature or are you an indoor person?
--While I'd love to pretend I am an outdoor person, I'm really not. I'll stay inside where there is controlled temperatures and no bugs.

4. What is your favorite TV series?
--Right now, it's Smash. I love that show!


5. What is your birthstone?
--I'm June so Alexandrite and Pearl

6. Do you crave sweets or salty foods?
--I generally crave more salty foods over sweets. This pregnancy has been a little bit of both.

7. What is your favorite color?
--Pink

8. Do you have a lucky number?
--No not really

9. If you could choose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
--This is hard because I really love living in PA. I know that sounds weird but we get all four seasons and I love that. I guess I could deal with living further south but I don't really want to move West. Too many tornadoes and earthquakes!

10. Do you have siblings?
--I have one half sister

11. Favorite magazine?
--I know it's old person-ish but I love Woman's Day. I love their recipes!

My nominees:
I am nominating EVERYONE! I don't care how big or small your blog is. Everyone deserves to know how great their blog is. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to answer my questions. If you would like to answer them, please feel free to do so.  If you do choose to answer them, please let me know because I'd love to read your answers!
My questions:
1. What is the one thing you can't live without?
2. If you could live forever, would you?
3. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
4. If you had to teach someone something, what would you teach them?
5. How old would you choose to be if you didn't know?
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
7. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
8. If you could get one message out to a large group, what would your message be?
9. When was the last time you tried something new? What was it?
10. Do you think that babies have thoughts even though they don't know any words?
11. If you could offer only one piece of advice to a newborn baby, what would it be?

I tried to pick real though provoking questions rather than every day, run of the mill questions. I hope to see people answering them!

Comments

  1. I do the same thing with my ipod and I never listen to a whole song. When I am in the Van I am constantly switching stations to find something I like for that second, then listen for a little bit and then change it. Hubby hates when I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I do the same thing with my Ipod! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congrats on your award! Oh and I totally feel you on the folding laundry thing! I hate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm a pinterest spurter too. And holy crap yes!! Less is more girls, less is more.
    I love having four seasons too! We've almost moved farther south or north a few times, but I can't let go of my 4 seasons! :)
    Loved it, so fun to get to know you more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!