Skip to main content

What a Weekend!

It was a rough weekend at my house.

On Thursday, the daycare notified me that they would be closed on Friday because there were too many sick kids being sent to daycare and too many sick staff members out.  They were planning to take Friday to disinfect every inch of the building in hopes that they could kill all of the infections that have been growing in that place.  They were also hoping to give the sick kids and staff an extra day of rest so they could come back healthy on Monday.

Boy am I glad because Baby Girl was SICK all weekend.

She starting with a fever Thursday.  A high fever.  Not a normal teething fever or anything like that.  She wasn't responding to Tylenol very well but we figured we'd give her a day and see how it went.  We tried a cool bath but she screamed her way through that and it didn't help.  She also had a really bad cough.  My Uncle watched her Friday morning and my Aunt watched her Friday afternoon.  She was OK throughout the morning but took a turn for the worst that afternoon.

Her temperature started rising again.  So, I called the doctor and got her an appointment right away.  He listened to her chest for quite a while and decided to send us right to the hospital for a chest x-ray to make sure she didn't have pneumonia.  That's what I was afraid of!  She had been sick for so long I knew something had to be wrong.

Let me tell you...chest x-rays....suck ass.  They put her in this plastic tube thing standing up and her arms had to be straight up in the air and the tube tightened around her.  Only one of us could be in the room and that had to be my husband since he isnt' the pregnant one.  So I had to stand out in the hallway and listen to my Baby Girl scream at the top of her lungs.  Not a fun time.  My husband was terrified that she was going to hate him for holding her there.  He felt so bad.

Then we waited for the doctor to call to let us know that her chest x-ray was clear (Yay!) and there was no pneumonia.  Great...but what the hell is wrong with her?  Who knows!  They sent us home with some antibiotics and told us to call if she still had a fever on Sunday.

So we cancelled all of our weekend plans and let the girl rest.  Saturday consisted of a blanket and pillow on the living room floor and almost non-stop sleep.  She slept all day.  She hardly ate or drank anything.  The little bit of time she did stay awake was spent cuddling with me and watching cartoons.  It was horrible.  She has never been that sick before.

Sunday was not much better at first.  She woke up at like 5am so we went out to the living room and turned on cartoons.  She fell back to sleep after a while and then slept all morning.  She was awake more often Sunday but still slept quite a bit.  She ate a little more than she did Saturday, but not much.  We tried giving her Pedialyte but she wasn't into it.  Girl loves water.

Finally, Sunday evening, her fever went down and she started to move around.  She ate a little bit and started to play with her toys and wrestle with Daddy.  We knew she was feeling better!  She was still a bit clingy and grouchy but nothing like the prior two days.

Today, she woke up with no fever but still in a clingy mood.  She had a follow up appointment with the ear doctor so I decided to see how she did with that before deciding whether or not to take her to daycare.  She did pretty well so she went to daycare.

Ear doctor says her ears look perfect!  So, even though she has a cold of some kind, she won't get an ear infection!!

As soon as I got her to daycare, she was fine.  I swear this kid is going to be an actor!  She got down and said hi to the other kids and said bye to me and went right for the toys!!  I'll take it.  It's better than the clingy cry I was expecting.

So here's hoping she gets over whatever she has quickly and we can give her a clean bill of health.  I am so tired of this kind being sick.  I know they say it helps to build up the immune system for when they go to school but it still sucks!  I hate it when people say that anyway.  I'm actually planning to home school so it's not really preparing her for school.

This was the only picture I took of her this weekend.  She was not in the picture taking mood!


We have her 15 month check up tonight so we'll see how she does with that.  I think she gets shots tonight so I'm sure that will piss her off.  I'm pretty sure she lost some weight with how little she has eaten the past four days so maybe some ice cream after her appointment would be appropriate! 

What do you think ladies?  Is all this illness worth it in the end?  Is it different with kids who don't go to daycare?  (I'll find out for sure with the next one!)


The Life Of Faith

Comments

  1. Hope she's better really soon! I hate hearing about all the sick kiddos from day care. I know they say it builds their immune system, but for now I'll be grateful for no sickness and I'll see how her immune system is when she goes to school.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!