Skip to main content

19 Week Bumpdate, Gender Reveal and Other News!

 
 
Doctor says everything is looking great with baby #2!!  The heart rate today was 154.  This has been lower than Ashlyn's every time.  She was in the 160-170 range the whole time.  Baby weighs 9 ounces and is looking good!



I have definitely been feeling the little one kick.  It's mostly when I lay down at night or when I'm sitting.  Just very light kicks and jabs every once in a while.  I actually felt the baby kicking from the outside today!  I can't wait for hiccups.  I used to love feeling Ashlyn's hiccups!

According to the doctor's scale, I have gained 3 pounds.  According to my scale, it's only 1 pound.  Doesn't matter because when I was 20 weeks with Ashlyn, I had already gained 12 pounds!  This time has been so much different! 

The heartburn has been pretty fierce but nothing that a Tums can't handle.  I also get a headache pretty much every day but it's nothing that a little Tylenol doesn't take care of.

The one big difference this time is that I feel like my boobs have tripled in size and they are so...um...tender?  It's so weird!  I didn't have this problem at all with Ashlyn but now I can't find a bra that fits comfortably!  TMI?  Oh well!

I am still more tired than ever before and I am still craving chocolate milk.  The craving has calmed a bit, though. 

So it looks like the final numbers (between the blog poll and Facebook) are 54% boy and 46% girl.  When the ultrasound tech asked me what I thought, I said girl.  You know what she said?

I think it's a boy!

 
 
Yup...so that weird, overwhelming feeling I had gotten on the way to work that one day was correct!  And all those wives tales were dead wrong!  Sorry for the unoriginal photo.  I didn't have time to get the photo I really wanted.  This was the best I could do.  I'll probably try to get some photos with Ashlyn this weekend.
 
It was pretty obvious but you know the ultrasound techs are never 100%.  Plus, he wasn't too cooperative since he was laying on his side.  So we will go get a 3D ultrasound done in a few weeks to confirm but it looks like Baby Miller #2 is Boy.
 
My husband is ecstatic and my mom is already planning the shower!  Opinions on that?  It's OK to have a shower since it's a boy this time, right?
 
So now we start name game.  My husband wants a Jr but I'm just not into it.  I have a feeling that I'm going to cave in on this but I really don't want to!  What do you all think?  Bryan Paul Miller, Jr.  UGH!  (sorry husband)

I know this post is getting long but I just have one more thing to share.  My husband and I have been talking for quite some time now and we made the decision a long time ago but weren't read to share it yet.  I was finally able to talk with my boss about it last week so now I can share.

As early as June and as late as August, this Momma is going to be a stay at home Momma!  My boss was very cool with it and is being very flexible and helping me in every way he can.  He even offered me so at home work after the baby is born. 

I'm so friggin excited because I finally get to take Baby Girl out of daycare and spend my days with her and her new brother!  This couldn't come at a better time since tensions in my office have been on the rise and I just have not desire to deal with that.  (that's a whole other story)

So that's it.  We are at 19 weeks with a healthy baby boy and I'm going to be a stay at home momma!!  So much excitement for one week! 
 


Comments

  1. WOW! Congrats! A boy!!!! One of each is pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! And YAY for staying at home!! It's so worth giving up whatever you have to give up to stay home. We give up 'extras' like date nights and 'fun' money. But we don't miss it....too much. :o)
    Second shower....do whatever you want!! I remember being on The Bump boards and people were so opinionated about it. It was ridiculous.
    Good luck with the name. Erin and I can never agree on a boy name. If/When we have another one, it needs to be a girl because the name is already picked. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1.) Yay!, boys are awesome :)
    2.) I'm so excited you get to stay home! It's an adjustment but you guys will find ways to make it work!
    Congrats all around

    ReplyDelete
  4. That MEB is a nice guy :)

    Congrats Millers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Congrats on everything! And that is awesome that your boss is working with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I missed this last week - congratulations on your boy! How exciting! And maybe this is TMI too, but I noticed the same thing - I had to get all new bras a size bigger with my son, but not with my daughter. I'll have to pay attention with the next baby to see if it goes the same way for a boy or girl again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!