Skip to main content

Randoms

-So I think I picked the colors for Baby Boy's room.  I went very simple pink and brown with Baby Girl so I wanted something a little different and a little brighter for Baby Boy.  I think I'm going with bright blues and greens and some splashes of orange.


The colors aren't as bright on the online samples as they are on the swatches I got but I really like the colors.  I even went ahead and painted a room on Home Depot's little paint simulator thingy and I really liked it.  I'm not sure if the blue or the green is going to be the main color yet.  I'm really hoping that finding things to match these colors won't be too hard.  I may have to adjust them a bit if I have a hard time.

-I am scheduling a 3D/4D ultrasound scan for June.  I want to make sure that we have the correct baby gender and I also want the same cool 3D pictures we got with Baby Girl. 

-I know that they say the second baby always gets the crappy hand me downs and gets the short end of the stick but here's the thing....I have a perfectly good baby swing, pack and play, high chair, car seat and vibrating chair (all Graco).  I have no reason to replace any of these things except for the fact that they are all pink and brown!

I have been desperately searching for covers for all of these things but I am having no luck.  They don't even have to match, they just need to be more for boys.  I can't sew so making them myself isnt' really an option.  Anyone have any good suggestions?? 

-So my daughter walked up to me this weekend, pointed at her diaper and said "I pooped."  I wasn't sure I was really believing what I was hearing so I asked her to repeat herself and she said it again.  So, it's time to start the potty training.

I think I'm going to get her this potty instead of the original one I had picked out.  The first one is really hard to find for some reason and the only real difference between this one and that one is that this one doesn't have it's own toilet paper holder.  It would be awesome if I could have her potty trained a) by the time Baby Boy arrived b) by the time she is two years old.  Here's hoping!

 
-Baby Girl started her music class this weekend and I have to tell you, she wasn't impressed.  A friend of mine told me about the class so we decided to enroll both our girls and neither of them were really into it.  The class was not what we had expected either.  Instead of singing normal songs like ABC's or Row Your Boat, the lady sang these weird hello and goodbye songs and she got both our daughter's names wrong!
 
Ashlyn became Aiden (isn't that a boy's name?) and Maya became Mia.  The lady got some drums out at one point and I'm sure Baby Girl would have loved to bang on them but all of the other kids (and parents) swooped in and surrounded the drums leaving our little girls to sit back and watch.  I was happy that our girls were the most well behaved but irritated that parents weren't really keeping their greedy kids under control.
 
Baby Girl did dance a little and she clapped her hands to the music but she was really only interested in playing the instruments.  The lady had sticks for them to bang together and Baby Girl loved that.  She also had a ton of other little noise makers like mini tambourines and mini maracas.  Baby Girl like those too.
 
If I hadn't already paid for the full 10 week session, I would not be going back.  Not only is the teacher a bit annoying, I'm just not sure that Baby Girl will be intersted in the class.  If nothing else, at least she will get some play time with Maya every week!
 
Ashlyn and Maya after their music class. <3
 
 
- Speaking of play time, Maya and Ashlyn got to visit each other Sunday too!  My friend and I decided that we needed a Mommy date.  The Mommy date turned into a family date but that's ok.  We had fun.  Maya and Ashlyn ran around like crazy girls after dinner and had a blast!
 
They were playing inside the soon-to-be vegatable garden
 


And then they went for a run!

I love how the Daddies are just watching them run away!
 
 
So that's it for now.  Stay tuned for a name post.  I think we have finally come to an agreement on a name for Baby Boy and I don't think I mind sharing this one like I did with baby Girl!
 
 
 The Life Of Faith

  

Comments

  1. Wow - I'm impressed you already have a color scheme for the nursery. I have some ideas, but nothing set in stone yet.

    When we got our high chair/car seat/swing, we got everything in gender neutral colors JUST IN CASE. (even our bumbo is green). The only thing this guy will be in that is pink, is the baby bath. Oh well! :)

    Good luck with the potty training. That would be awesome to be out of diaper before #2 shows up. (Hahaha #2 - potty - hahah)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!