Skip to main content

Gender Prediction - Wives Tales



I did one of these posts before we found out that Baby Girl was a girl so I figured I'd do another one since we find out next week if we are team pink or blue with Baby Miller #2.  I'll also show which ones were false last time and which ones were true.

1. If you carry high, it's a girl. If you carry low, it's a boy.
My Result last time:  My baby bump isn't big enough just yet to tell.  (I did carry pretty high last time so this one was TRUE)
My Result this time:  I do feel like I am carrying lower this time so Boy.

2. If you crave sweets, it's a girl. If you crave salty or sour snacks, it's a boy.
My Result last time:  I'm always craving sweets so it must be a girl!  TRUE
My Result this time:  The only thing I have really been craving is chocolate milk.  I guess since that's sweet, its a Girl!

3. If the baby's heart rate is 140+, it's a girl. If the baby's heart rate is less than 140, it's a boy.
My Result last time:  The heart rate is around 170 so it may be too early to tell.  TRUE
My Result this time:  Every heart rate so far has been above 140 so, it's a Girl!

4. If you have a lot of morning sickness, it's a girl. If you have no morning sickness, it's a boy.
My Result last time:  I have had very little morning sickness so it must be a boy!  FALSE
My Result this time:  I had a ton of morning sickness so it must be a Girl!

5. If you add draino to a cup of urine and it turns green, it's a girl. If it turns blue, it's a boy.
My Result last time:  I haven't tried this one yet.
My Result this time:  Haven't tried it and probably won't.

6. If you have bad breakouts (acne), it's a girl. If not, it's a boy.
My Result last time:  It's a girl!  TRUE
My Result this time:  While I wouldn't say I have bad breakouts, I think the last time I had a pimple was when I was pregnant the first time so I'm counting it.  It's a Girl!  

7. Gender Predictor
My Results last time:  It's a boy!  FALSE
My Results this time:  It's a Girl!

8. Chinese Calendar.
My Results last time:  It's a girl!  I was 27 when we conceived in the month of March!  TRUE
My Results this time:  It's a Girl!  I was 29 when we conceived in the month of December.



So, last time I had 5 for girl and 2 for boy.  This time I have 6 for girl and 1 for boy.  I guess we'll find out next week which wives tales are true this time!  Blog poll shows 58% for boy and 42% for girl.  With the Facebook votes included, we have 54% for boy and 46% for girl so it's very even voting!

Anyone have any creative ways that I can announce it?  Something quick and easy since my appointment is in the middle of the day and I will have to go back to work afterwards?  My husband won't be able to attend the ultrasound so I'd like a cute way to show him.  There's no way he will be able to wait until the end of the day so I'm thinking some kind of cute picture??

 
Sorry...I can't help but want another little girl.  More on that later.

Comments

  1. Wow, that's a landslide on the old wives' tales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you find out next week? We find out next Friday! My gut is that it's another girl for us too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend put a blue bow on her belly in the picture with her family last Christmas. It was cute. Maybe you can do with a pink or blue bow and put on your belly. Or, maybe you can write "I'm having a baby sister or brother" on a sign and have your daughter hold it that you can take pic of her. Good luck :-) -Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!