Skip to main content

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Mother's Day is right around the corner.  I posted a few gift items that I liked last year (Mothers Day) and you know what?  My husband didn't take a single suggestion.  He bought me a necklace that we wound up returning and exchanging for something more my style.  Let's hope he takes my suggestions this year!  I know it's supposed to be the thought that counts but that's really not the case when it comes to jewelry now is it?
 
The first thing on my list this year is an Origami Owl necklace.  I love these things and I am planning to get my Mom one as well.  I already have all of the little gems picked out.  I was planning to just give the list to my husband to let him buy it.  Is that weird?
 
If you notice, I am including a charm for our new little boy.  I guessing he will be born in August.  I know this is awfully presumptuous of me but I can't help but think he will arrive early like his sister did.  So I'm taking the chance.  The nice part is that if he is born in September instead,  the charm is only $5.00 to replace and the locket is magnetic so it's easy to change! 
 
 
Then next item on my list is an addition to the charm bracelet we got last year.  I have a beautiful Charmed Memories bracelet from Kay Jewelers that has a lot of cute little pink stones and focuses on my daughter.  It has a little girl dangle charm and little foot charm.  Now I need the little boy charm.  I will need some other boy charms to add to it as well but I'm not sure which ones yet.
 
 
 
The next item on my list is a bit more classic.  Who doesn't love a cute picture frame?  Here's the catch, hubby.....you have to fill it with pictures!!  Yes, I know that's asking a lot but guess what...I take thousands of pictures of my daughter, many of which I send to you on a daily basis.  It won't kill you to actually put the pictures in the frame.  Otherwise, it's just more work for me!
 
 
And the last item(s) on my list is something that's a little more for me.  Well I guess it could be for all of us since the husband's stuff and the daughter's stuff usually ends up in my purse anyway.

 
Holy adorableness!  I love it!  Of course my husband cringes at the thought of buying something like this because of the price but I shop the outlets baby.  The set (purse, wallet and wristlet) costs $624.  Outlet price?  $371.  That's a savings of 40%!!!  How can you say no to that?!
 
What do you think of my gift ideas?  Are there any gifts that you've spotted that you would love to have?  What's your typical Mother's Day look like?
 


Comments

  1. Great ideas. I told hubby to just get me a charm for my pandora type bracelet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

Big News!

We have been trying very hard to keep this to ourselves for just a little while longer but I can't wait anymore!    Baby Miller #2...due 09/01/13!!!!!!!!! I am 8 weeks and 1 day I have known since Christmas Eve I am much more tired and much more nauseous this time around I haven't gained a single pound yet, unlike last time I am not so secretly hoping it's another girl If this one is anything like Baby Girl, he or she will be born mid-August I've been leaving hints all over the place but no one noticed! I am so excited!   I've already had one doctor's appointment but I was only 7 weeks so there wasn't much to do.  We couldn't hear the heartbeat or anything so the next appointment will be much more exciting!  My next appointment isn't until February 11th so that's when I'll get to hear and possibly see my next little monster!  So exciting!   PS:  Notice the blog title?!