Skip to main content

23 Week Bumpdate



I can't believe I'm six months pregnant already.  It really hit me when the doctor said that after my next appointment in four weeks, I will have to visit every two weeks.  That's crazy!
 
The heart rate today was 142 and all is well.
 
The little man is kicking a lot now.  My husband has only felt him two times but he isn't really patient enough to sit and wait for it.  I love to feel those kicks, even when he does make me feel like I'm going to pee in my pants!

I'm now up 7 pounds, only 4 since the last appointment.  I was worried this time because I felt like I grew so much and gained so much but I guess not! 

I still have all of my normal symptoms:  blazing heartburn, headaches that come and go, sore boobs, backaches, tired beyond belief and sore gums.  My gums bleed like crazy whenever I brush them.  Oh and I usually wake up around 4:30am to pee!

One of the newest symptoms this week is Braxton hicks contractions, which I never had with Ashlyn.  They just feel like little cramps.  The doctor said it's normal to feel them more with a second pregnancy.

The other symptom?  The dreaded swelling.  I was really hoping I wouldn't have any swelling until much later in this pregnancy but I found my ankles were swollen last night and they are a little swollen today. 

I bought dresses for Summer weddings and probably won't be able to wear them because I wouldn't want to scare anyone with my elephant ankles!  Oh well.  At least it happened later in this pregnancy.  I was only 16 weeks when the swelling started the first time (See Eeeeewwwwwww).

Our calendar is filling up for the Summer.  June 1st is my 30th birthday (yay!) and we have our 3D ultrasound scheduled for June 2nd.  Sundays are easier for us.  I can't wait to see our little guy and to make sure he is a he!  I will be 7 months at that point.

We have a wedding at the end of June and I will be almost 8 months pregnant by then.  Then we have another wedding at the beginning of August, when I will be 9 months pregnant!  I joke with the bride about going into labor at her wedding but I told her I would try to hold off until after the cake.

I never thought about labor last time but I've been thinking about it a lot more this time around.  I told my husband that I actually hope this little guy comes on his own and I don't have to be induced.  I missed the whole going into labor, calling the husband, rushing to the hospital experience last time.  I know it's weird but I'm hoping I can experience it this time!

Just as long as I make it in time for the epidural.


Comments

  1. This post is so eerie. I had an appt today. My son's heart beat was 142. I gained 7lbs. I was shocked to know that every two week appointments start in June. I have three wedding this summer (one in July and TWO in August).

    TALK ABOUT WEIRD!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! I definitely felt the Braxton-Hicks more the second time around too - I never even felt them with Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yea I know. Next time you see me, I'll be 9 months!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse