Skip to main content

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that all of the Moms out there had as great of a Mother's Day as I did!!

My day started off with snuggles from my little girl.  Daddy was trying to let me sleep in but he was so busy getting breakfast ready that he didn't hear the little one so I went to get her when she woke up.  I really didn't mind.  I love her little smiles and snuggles in the morning!

We enjoyed a nice breakfast made by Daddy while we watched Wall-E, which is the only movie we watch lately.  Baby Girl got me mother/daughter charms for my Charmed Memories bracelet.  Daddy says we have to get her a necklace now so we can match!  I also got a little boy charm to add to my bracelet and an I love you charm.



Daddy got me another Willow Tree figurine and a nice little Mother picture frame.  I told him that this was not an acceptable Willow Tree figurine because our Baby Girl is just not that big yet!  It goes nicely with the collection, though.

 

My husband had to work a bit (blah) so Baby Girl and I spent a little bit of time together just the two of us.  Once my husband got done with his work, we headed out to pick up my Grandmother and go see my Mom.  My parents go camping every weekend so we visited them at their campsite.  My Dad cooked some steaks and we had a great dinner.

The necklace I got my Mom did not arrive in time (really Origami Owl?)  but I had few other gifts to give her.  Baby Girl made her Nana and Gran each a picture frame and decorated it with flowers, butterflies and her fingerprints!  They loved it!

I made my Mom one of these print outs.  Of course I made my own and put it in an 8x10 picture frame and mine said Grandmother.  She seemed to like it but I'm really hoping her necklace comes this week.  I paid extra for shipping to have it here on time and it wasn't!


Baby Girl was in a pretty rare mood most of the day so it was really hard to get any good pictures of her.  I really wanted to get some of her and my Mom and Grandmother so we could put a current picture in their new frames but that just didn't happen.  I let her take a late nap to try to get her out of her funk but it just wasn't enough.

We did get some good pictures:











Later, we went to my parent's house for some ice cream cake.  Baby Girl loved the ice cream and was a wild woman, running around their house and screaming at the TV while she was watching hockey with my Dad.  Girl loves hockey!  I was afraid that the ice cream would keep her up way late but I guess the running around tired her out.  She only went to bed about an hour after her normal time.

All in all it was a really great day.  I got to spend time with my beautiful daughter who I love more than anything else in this world and with my family.  My husband did a good job with breakfast and gifts and was being extra patient with me in my random moments of frustration!

I can't even begin to tell you how honored I am to be able to call myself a Mother.  Sometimes I still can't believe that I am a Mother.  But then my little angel calls for me (Mommy!) and I am reminded of my amazing little creation.   I felt her little kicks on the inside and now I listen to her little giggles on the outside. 

I have never been more in love with anyone in my entire life.  My heart has never been so swollen before.  I mean it literally feels like it could burst at times.  She makes me smile and laugh every single day.  Her hugs and kisses are the sweetest and her little tantrums will go away in their own time (I hope).

And now as my little boy kicks in my belly, I am more amazed.  I can't possibly imagine having two of these awesome little creations around but I know he's coming.  And I know he will add to the love and amaze me just as much as his big sister does.

It's a tough job but it's a fun one.  Mommies rock!


I hope that you all had a great Mother's Day!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I love little one's hat!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse