Skip to main content

Rant and Rave

Day 22:  Rant about something.  Get up on your soapbox and tell us how you really feel.

Oh I am all over this one!

So right now, my biggest issue is this little girl at daycare who is in my daughter's class.  I'll call her Tina just for privacy purposes.  There's also a boy in her music class who I'll call Tom.

This little girl, Tina, is a bully.  She hits, she bites, she pushes, she pulls hair.  You name it, she does it.  Last week I watched her attack another little girl in the class and hit my daughter.  Then Friday she bit my daughter.  Hard enough that there is still a quarter size black and blue on her arm.  Monday, I watched her grab my daughter by the jacket and try to hurt her and yesterday, I watched her push my daughter from behind and knock her on her face.

Excuse me?

When did this kind of behavior become OK?

It's really upsetting to me that this behavior is allowed to take place.  I know that the daycare is not at fault.  I know that there is only so much they can do to discipline these kids.  I know that they love my daughter and feel bad that this little brat is bullying her and all the other kids in the class.

What kills me the most most is that my daughter is so sweet.  She has no idea that this kid is being mean to her.  She just kind of looks at her like what is your problem and then goes about her business.  My daughter has never bitten anyone.  Sure, if you take a toy from her she might take a swing at you, but that's normal toddler behavior.  She doesn't just walk up to random kids and hit them for no reason!  Plus, we always correct her when she hits and she doesn't hardly do it at all anymore.

This morning I was pushed over the edge.  When I dropped Baby Girl off at daycare, the Mom of Tina was leaving daycare.  As we passed them, she said to her friend, 'Oh that's Tina's friend!'  Um no bitch.  This is not Tina's friend.  This is the girl who Tina hits, pushes and bites.  They are not friends. 

I seriously wanted to yell at her.  I wanted to tell her that her kid is a brat and bully and that she makes me want to pull my kid from the daycare.  I wanted to tell her to get her shit together and discipline her child so she stops being such a little shit all the time. 

Of course I didn't say any of those things.  Instead I'm ranting about it here.  But if it happens in passing again, you can bet your ass I'll be opening my mouth. 

Then there is this boy, Tom, in her music class.  Another little shit.  He takes toys from other kids.  He runs around the room and jumps on random people.  He yells and is completely disruptive to the class.  And his grandmother just sits there and watches him do all of this.

Um...lady...don't you see me staring at your kid hoping that a lightening bolt will shoot from my eyes and zap him in the ass?  Why are you just letting this kid do whatever he wants?!  I mean he seriously just rips toys out of the hands of the other kids.  And she just watches. 

I know that kids can be unruly.  I know they can have tantrums and throw fits that would make people think there's an earthquake.  I know they can have bad days and misbehave like a honey badger.  I get it.  But these kids aren't examples of bad days.  These kids are examples of bad parenting.

I don't care how bad that sounds.  It's the truth.

I don't want to hear "I dont' know what to do with him" or "I don't know how to control her."  It's not an excuse.  Discipline your kids.  It's that easy.  Set boundaries and don't let them cross the lines.  Figure it out because you don't want to be that parent with the shithead kid that no one wants to be around. 




Comments

  1. That's awful :( not much longer and you won't have to worry about stuff like that..... Until school starts ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse