Skip to main content

Friday's Letters



 
 
Dear Baby Girl, you have been very sweet to your brother this week and I can't tell you how thankful I am for that.  You have your days when it seems like you're ready to drop him off at the nearest bus stop but then you have your days when you are so attentive to him and it melts my heart to see you try to calm him when he cries or cover him with a blanket.  You are a rock star!

Dear Little Man, I've stopped checking the clock at night to see what time you wake and sleep because it just reminds me of how little sleep I'm getting but I'm pretty sure you slept 6 hours through the night.  Um...can you keep doing that please?  Love you!

Dear November, I'm really glad you are here.  I can't wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I know they will be here before I know it!  I did a series last October for 31 days of gratefulness and I'm going to do it again this year for the month of November.  30 days of thankfulness.  If anyone is hosting a link up for this, let me know.  You can see my 30 days on Instagram (vmiller0918) under #30daysofthanks.

Dear blog, I know I'm still lagging behind and I can't stand it.  I have really been trying to keep up with the blogs I love to read but I need to post some more.  Ugh and I need a blog redesign. 

Dear Direct TV, I think we've finally made the decision to give you up.  Looks like we will be going the Netflix/Hulu route.  I know it's going to be hard but I can't really pass up on the $100 we will be saving each month.  I can get used to that.

Dear Husband, I think you may win the mini van battle after all.  I really can't stand the thought of driving a mini van but if we are going to have a third child, and I'm pretty sure I have you talked into the same thing we did last time, then I guess we will need a mini van in the future anyway.  I'm not a fan of the Odyssey but I'm not hating the Quest.  You also get credit for the iPhone purchase (see below).  Now just get our kid to sleep through the night and I might call you a Saint!

Dear Apple, I know I have been boycotting your phone but I have one now and I will admit that it's kind of nice.  I like that I can actually upload the videos I take because for some reason my Droid never let me do that.  I'm still not 100% sold but so far so good. 

Dear work, it looks like we are done for good.  I am happy that I had the opportunity that I did but I'm glad it's over and I'm happy to be focused on my kids.  It's not to say that I won't be returning to you at some point in my life but for right now, I'm right where I belong.

Dear readers, Have a good weekend!

Photobucket

11-01-13

Comments

  1. Your allowed to be a blog slacker. :)
    3rd kid, rock star!! And I hope Mackenzie is a good big sister. I'm sure she will be, and I'm sure she will have her moments.
    I boycotted the iPhone until 2 years ago and now can't imagine getting anything other than an iPhone again. I'm mad that I need to upgrade because I do like my 4s, buts slow and battery draining after the update. :/ Oh well.
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - you are a super hero for thinking about a third kid already! We are done at two and I can't picture thinking about doing it again so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get lots more sleep now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Commenting Challenge!

Linking up with Jenna's Journey  for the 3rd Annual Blog Commenting Challenge! Hi! I'm Vanessa! I live with my husband Bryan and my amazing 6 month old Ashlyn in Pennsylvania. I was born and raised here and love it very much! We have 2 pugs, Katie and Utley, one black lab, Camo and one cat, Joey. Our second cat, Kitty, is sadly recently deceased (on Father's Day). I work full time as a Marketing Analyst for a supply chain consulting firm. I don't even know what that means really! I have been here for 3 years and am thinking about a career change. SAHM is looking better and better. My husband owns his own landscaping business which has been both wonderful and horrible at the same time! My husband and I know each other for about 17 years now and we have been together for 12. We got married in September of 2010, just 2 weeks shy of our 10th anniversary! We got pregnant after only 2 months of trying and last December we were greeted by Ashlyn Marie Miller,

I'm Not Gonna Lie

Anyone who knows me know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love the decorations.  I love to decorate my own house and see all of the other cool decorations other people have.  There is a house down the street from us that always has more lights and decorations than I have ever seen in one yard.  It's a bit much but it's an attention grabber. I love the Christmas tree.  I love to get the tree out each year (yes we have a fake because I can't stand the needles) and I love to decorate it.  Growing up, our family would decorate the tree together with all kinds of ornaments that we had collected over the years.  I like to do themes for my trees.  Last year I did pink and silver in honor of the newest member of our family.  I'm really hoping to instill the tradition of decorating the tree with my kids. I love finding the perfect gifts for people and I love to watch their reactions when they open those gifts.  I generally wait until I have purchased ALL of my gifts, I sort them

A Few New Things...

First off, I have 15 followers!  I am so grateful to have more followers.  I can't even tell you how great it makes me feel to know that people want to read my blog.  Through all of the linking up I have been doing, I have 15 followers and I have found a TON of new blogs to read.  I am really enjoying reading them all every day!! In case you don't believe me.......................... I know 15 doesn't seem like a lot but it's a lot to me.  It means the world to me to have people interested in my life.  The second change is that I added a new page.  It's my Summer Bucket List .  I posted this list a little while ago but I know that I will forget about it so I added it as a page.  Now I can actually cross things off as I do them.  I have already crossed one thing off the list and I hope to cross them all off by the end of the Summer!  I guess the end of the Summer would be September 21st so I have until then.  And if I don't get them all crosse